I agreed to WHAT?!?


I called my friend Linds today (she guest starred in my post “The Eggs and I” back in May) and asked her “Wotcha doin’?"  She said she was walking from her house to Juanita Beach to play volleyball tonight.

I lurves me some volleyball.  Did I mention that hand-eye/legs-feet coordination is not my forte?  Nope?  Oh well.  I may be a klutz, but I love playing volleyball nonetheless.  I AM getting better, thankyouverymuch.  I asked if I could meet her down the road and enjoy the walk/volleyball thing together.

Great!  She says.  I’ll meet her at 4:30 (in 20 minutes).

I googled mapped it.  6.2 miles is the walk, then a couple of hours of volleyball on top of that.  I think I’m going to be a sore but happy kid tomorrow.  We’ll see. 

I took my first BCP this morning so that plus volleyball really makes it a Game ON! scenario. <grin> I shouldn’t take myself so seriously.

11 comments on "I agreed to WHAT?!?"

Sunny on July 20, 2009 at 4:43 PM said...

Game on, indeed! That sounds like a lot of fun, a beautiful day to be outside playing on the beach. I would be happy enough with a nice walk, to be honest!

Congrats on your first BCP. Let the fun begin!

Mrs. Gamgee on July 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM said...

lol... well, you'll be sleeping well tonight!

daega99 on July 21, 2009 at 7:38 AM said...

Hope it was fun!

ICLW #53

Pie on July 21, 2009 at 7:47 AM said...

Uhhh, 6 miles? Each way? Then play volleyball? Man, that's aggressive. I mean I like to work out and all, but geez, that might cripple me.

I hope you are moving around ok today!!

And good lcuk with the BCP! You're moving!

ICLW

One Who Understands on July 21, 2009 at 8:34 AM said...

How I wish I loved volleyball. It just hurts my arms because I'm sure I don't hit the ball correctly. Yeah for a new cycle! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Queenie. . . on July 21, 2009 at 8:39 AM said...

That's a very ambitious workout--wish I was in good enough shape to accomplish that!!!

Kristin on July 21, 2009 at 10:02 AM said...

Have an absolutely wonderful day! Game on, indeed.

~ICLW

FET Accompli on July 21, 2009 at 11:34 AM said...

Thanks for your post, it touched me. I wonder how the night after night with no sleep affected my health... A bit ironic that we wait so long to be in a good professional and financial position, and then have to use all that money to just get things started...

Bright Eyes on July 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beautiful Mess on July 21, 2009 at 11:56 AM said...

That deleted comment was mine. Sorry! I thought I had logged out of that account...anyway...
You walked 6.2 miles and THEN played volleyball?! You're a rock star!Hope you had a blast!
*HUGS and ICLW*

Katie on July 22, 2009 at 11:21 AM said...

Wow. That's a long walk. More power to ya ;) Hope you had fun!
ICLW

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez