The Eggs and I


First a quick update:

I got my blood work results and my E2 number has continued to go up.  I went from 2251 (yesterday) to 3361 (today).  I’m thinking there has got to be a reasonable number of mature eggs given those levels.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed and feeling better, coming back to a place of hope.  Thanks everyone so very much for your comments and encouragement.  You guys have managed to help me breathe easy again.

I went to the Family Picture Show 2009 at The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) this morning with a girlfriend.  The place was packed with parents and their kids, all looking forward to unique independent short films that are both clever and family friendly.  The kids were asking their parents questions about the shorts in between films.  A man next to me had his son and they would have a quick discussion about what the son enjoyed and how he rated the film.  There were tons of laughs and clapping and hoorays in all the right places.  It is exactly what I am looking forward to some day if having a family works out for us. 

I sat there a little excited and a little weepy when the lights went out.  At one point I realized that I brought my eggies to the show.  If I’m really lucky maybe one of them will join me again in a few years to sit in his/her own chair, eat popcorn, laugh and clap and then tell me their rating from 1-5 for the SIFF awards voter card.  What a joy that would be.  I’m glad my girlfriend really loved the show too, she’s super fun.  Luv ya Linds!

You can watch one of great the shorts in the festival called “Madam President” here: http://www.petelist.com/animation/MP/#

My absolute favorite was the brand new Wallace & Gromit – A matter of loaf and death.  You can’t watch that one online, but the DVD is available.

Here’s my 2nd favorite short from the show.  It’s so clever. I hope you like it as much as the eggs and I did.

5 comments on "The Eggs and I"

bunny on May 31, 2009 at 5:39 AM said...

I'm glad your are feeling more optimistic about your "eggies"- and I am sure they loved the film festival. I love Wallace and Grommit!

Phoebe on May 31, 2009 at 6:58 AM said...

Loved the Western Spaghetti! Good luck with egg retrieval tomorrow!!

jill on May 31, 2009 at 8:24 AM said...

Good to hear you're feeling better. Love the video - so creative :)

Kate on May 31, 2009 at 12:21 PM said...

Your response seems great and I am sure there will be plenty to work with at ER--
I hope all goes well and I'll be thinking of you,

good luck!
Kate

Clare on June 1, 2009 at 11:32 AM said...

Loved the film! How clever! My recipe for banana cinnamon smoothie as requested: 4/5 bananas very ripe, just defrosted milk still with ice crystals, large pinch of cinnamon or two - blend!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez