Game On!


OK.  Here’s the scoop.  I went early this morning for a blood draw, then came back an hour later for my baseline ultrasound with DocO.  He started out by saying he could clear things up.  While the lab “officially” opens for all RE office business on the day of my estimated retrieval, they always make sure that everything is ready for patients who need egg retrieval 2 days earlier (that is also a part of their normal routine when shutting down the lab for cleaning).  DocO said if it looked like we would need to retrieve 3 days early, then the cycle would be cancelled or converted anyway, because that is just too early to retrieve good eggs.  As for taking BCP for 14 days, it is totally within the protocol and no cause of concern.  The way he explained the lab schedule was totally clear to me.  I “got it” right away.  I immediately felt better, then we got on to the baseline ultrasound.

First we checked out “lefty” who had 13 follicles percolating.  Wow!  Then we checked the right ovary and there were 14 more.  Another wow!  Anyone need a 27 egg omelet?  My blood work came back pretty good too.  FSH is 8.4, E2 is 51.  DocO said everything looked great, all of the numbers look better than last time and it is a very nice start.

There it is.  I shouldn’t have got myself all excited and worried, but this is all just so important, you know?  I can’t help get a little edgy from time to time.  Sorry about taking you all on my wild ride. I really appreciated your comments and ideas.  I ran down to check my computer first thing this morning before heading off to the appointment.

I start taking BCP tomorrow. (Cool, now MrBeep and I can do it like bunnies and not have to worry about me getting knocked up! What a relief!)  In a couple of weeks I will take two small doses of lupron twice daily then add stims into the mix.  I’ll write more on micro-dose flare protocol as I learn it myself.  Thanks again to all who gave me some ideas and encouragement.  Maybe my new IF Haiku will be good luck all around (thanks for posting MeKate).  I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend, I’m off to walk in the sunlight and enjoy a decaf iced somethingorother with my girlfriend Ali.

13 comments on "Game On!"

sprogblogger on July 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM said...

I'm glad it's a go. I'd've been freaked out, too, so I'm glad everything worked out. It sounds like you're off to a fantastic start, and I hope things just continue to go perfectly! Shall be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Jessica White on July 19, 2009 at 4:38 PM said...

Yay! I'm glad things are moving forward for you: Hopefully they all go well.

Sunny on July 19, 2009 at 4:40 PM said...

I'm so glad you got the answers you needed! Sounds like you have a great RE. My RE in St. Louis was always so reassuring and calming... I would get all worked up before seeing him, then he would have a simple response to my concern, then I was happy again. :) That's why they get paid the big bucks, I guess.

Phoebe on July 19, 2009 at 5:30 PM said...

I'm glad everything is a go. That's a fabulous resting follicle count!

Kate on July 19, 2009 at 5:36 PM said...

Great news! I'll expect to keep on reading fantastic updates throughout your cycle... :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting on my blog - I have finally posted more details on my assisted cycle, I have been slagging on my blogging.
Best of luck on everything - I'll be anxious to see how this goes for you since I may be going this route in a few months if my IUI's aren't working!

FET Accompli on July 19, 2009 at 7:08 PM said...

Woohoo! Glad things are moving ahead, that you could make the biggest omelet ever, and that the clinic doctor made sense of things.

Mrs. Gamgee on July 19, 2009 at 9:45 PM said...

So glad that your doc was able to put your mind at ease!

And btw, that would be one helluva omlette ;)

K on July 19, 2009 at 11:39 PM said...

Well I am relieved to know that you and MrBeep will be covered for the bunny activity. ;) Seriously though, can I have some of your eggies?

Kate on July 20, 2009 at 5:02 AM said...

Sounds great! A little reassurance goes a long way- and so glad you have a plan and that plan includes this cycle. this one! whoo hoo!

Amazing follicle count, you. I am happily envious.
Here's to having it work!

And you cracked me up with the bunny comment.

Happy monday,
Kate

Bright Eyes on July 20, 2009 at 11:23 AM said...

Looks like everything is going smoothly! A 27 egg omelet sounds great! Not to eat, of course ;o) I can't wait to see how all goes. I've got all things crossed for you!

Thank you for your comments about the birthday cake and the process! It means A LOT to me!
*HUGS*

Kate on July 20, 2009 at 12:24 PM said...

Thanks for the comment! and you may sing crazy for me anytime (a favorite to be sure)-- so following a patsy cline tangent, I would choose pullin' back the reins by kd lang
http://www.mp3lyrics.org/k/kd-lang/pullin/
and... where to meet....
maybe, Boulder? I'll buy you dinner.
and the only standing ovation that I will get will be because I finally shut up!
(I cannot carry a tune to save my life).
thanks for the great question!
(I was thinking of the line tall in the saddle, it took me a bit to find the song)

warmly,
Kate

BB on July 21, 2009 at 3:31 PM said...

Wishing your good luck with IVF #2. Glad things are moving smoothly! I am currently a day and a half away from ER for IVF 1. Have a big team sitting in there too!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez