A dark journey into my psyche


Show and Tell

As the stirrup queen herself says, “Show and Tell is wasted on elementary schoolers. Join several dozen bloggers weekly to show off an item, tell a story, and get the attention of the class.”  I loves me some show and tell goodness.  I look forward to reading everyone’s post each week. After you read my Contribution To Crazy, I recommend you head off to see what the rest of the class is showing.

Today I will show you something very personal.  I know.  Infertility Blogs are chock full of TMI.  We know more about each other’s lady parts, cycles, hopes and fears than is comfortable (once you think about it for more than 20 seconds).  So what’s a little more loss of privacy or dignity, am I right?  I’m going to let you deep inside my mind via…

Yes…you guessed it. 

My refrigerator magnets.  Anyone who knows me really well can tell you my fridge magnets say a lot about my personality and my twisted sense of humor.  I choose my fridge magnets carefully.  Some have been given as gifts, some are found artifacts.  Indiana Jones couldn’t find treasures as good.  You can see any of the photos as a larger version if you click on the image.  Enjoy!

My Fridge Magnet Collection

Fornicators SmallWorld

StirThingsUp Shallots

AlcatrazReg OnTop

LiveLongSpock PopsiclePhilosophy

LooseWomen IvorySalt

Biohazard Flammable

Lasers Singularities

On the real TMI front, I am still taking BCPs for the start of IVF #2 - The Micro-dose Lupron Flare Protocol.  I have 10 more days of pills to go before I do anything that seems even remotely productive.  How f*cked up am I to be looking forward to starting injections?  I think it seems a lot more like I am working towards the goal.  Some semblance of control in an uncontrollable mess, right?  Ah well, c’est la vie de l’infertilité.

18 comments on "A dark journey into my psyche"

Baby Smiling In Back Seat on July 23, 2009 at 4:05 PM said...

Those are some great magnets! My magnet collection has dwindled, now that we have a fridge that doesn't stick to magnets. I still have some magnets stuck to file cabinets though -- but the really saucy ones aren't safe for work.

Happy ICLW!

Anonymous said...

All-some. Love the fornicators one, and the loose women one, and the shallots one...heck, I love them all.

Beautiful Mess on July 23, 2009 at 5:17 PM said...

HA! I love them! Refrigerator magnets are so much fun! You have a nice collection!

In regards to your comment on my blog...it may be kinky, but I'm ok with it. You can come smell me anytime! ;o) Or you could buy some body frosting and you wouldn't have to make the long trek to Oregon. Might be a bit cheaper too.
*HUGS*

Mrs. Gamgee on July 23, 2009 at 6:00 PM said...

Gah! I totally forgot about Show and Tell! I'm gonna have to get crackin!

Love the fridge magnets! Especially the biohazard one. It reminds me that it's tme to clean out the fridge!

Sunny on July 23, 2009 at 6:19 PM said...

Love the magnets!! I think the "smouldering passion" line was my favorite. I guess I'm reading too many romance novels. :)

I hear ya about looking forward to injections. I haven't done IVF so I can't relate to the paradox of taking BCP to get a BFP, but I do know I was just itching to get on with the treatment when we were trying naturally. I would have to say that giving myself Follistim shots has been my favorite part of this cycle.

'Murgdan' on July 23, 2009 at 6:55 PM said...

LOVE the collection!

Lori Lavender Luz on July 23, 2009 at 7:25 PM said...

I like the ones on the 2nd row. Verry cool.

And I LOVED your comment on my S&T today. I laughed a full 5 minutes.

Kate on July 23, 2009 at 8:17 PM said...

aww but I like smoldering passions..
I love the magnet collection-- we have a few that are related. What a fun peek into your psyche!

Thanks T, this is a great show and tell
and you looking forward to injections? not crazy, you are looking forward to tangible evidence of forward progress and opportunity,
completely understandable.

xo
kate

The Steadfast Warrior on July 23, 2009 at 9:31 PM said...

Hahaha.

I've always loved the 50's women items. They're so freakin' funny.

Oh, and "Peace and Long Life". ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...

Happy ICLW week!

Love your magnets, specially the bioazard one! and I could do with a computer geek right now, I think my beloved Sony Vaio is on his last leg! and it's not old!! :o((

Fran

Anonymous said...

My fav is the loose women one. At work we passed around this article from the 1950s about how women should act. It was hilarious and scary all at the same time.

kate on July 24, 2009 at 5:12 AM said...

Love the magnets. That's just my style. I have a card tacked to my fridge that says "She was willing to ignore her mother's well-meant advice", and I have to hide it every time my mom comes to visit, because she'd be really offended by it.

Brandy on July 24, 2009 at 7:21 AM said...

Love the magnets! We bought a stainless steel fridge and now we just have a small strip on the side that is filled with them.

Clare on July 24, 2009 at 10:35 AM said...

Votre francais est formidable madame! Love the fridge magnets... you do have a lot!!

One Who Understands on July 24, 2009 at 10:46 AM said...

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog! And thank you for your very kind comments. They make my day! Your magnets are hilarious! Love the biohazard one.

I think we all seem a bit masochistic with our desire to stab ourselves with sharp needles and inject awful drugs. The end goal is all that matters. Can't wait to get our own show on the road!!

Pie on July 24, 2009 at 11:30 AM said...

I love the bottom ones, like the microwave slowly cooking you. Funny! And I feel the same way, IVF has conditioned me to think that if I'm not injecting myself with something, I'm not really doing anything productive. Crazy!!

Phoebe on July 24, 2009 at 11:56 AM said...

Pretty funny. I love Anne Taintor!

It's always great to start the shots (*gasp*, never thought I would say this), cuz you are actually doing something that will get you pregnant! Happy shooting up!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle on July 24, 2009 at 6:49 PM said...

Love the magnets! I'm a collector myself!

ICLW & a Braces Buncher

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez