4 more days/pills to go


First of all, the IF fairy ate my homework.  I got about  50% done on yesterday’s post for Techie Tuesday: Sperm Analysis a Go Go.  I didn’t forget, but wanted to get all of my links and info correct so more work is necessary on that subject.  Look for that next Tuesday.
 
I think I overdid it last week. I had three dinner parties and was completely exhausted by the end of them.  I hosted and fed 7 people last Wednesday (Harry Potter #2 movie night), 7 on Friday (gaming night) and 7 on Saturday (birthday party).  7 must be my lucky number.  I think I am supposed to do 7 tonight as well (Harry Potter #3 night).  After that I’ll get a week off.  No other invasions that I am aware of. 
 
There is so much going on in the IF bloggidy world.  Many people with happy news, moving along with their pregnancies, it makes my spirit leap and gives me hope.  Then I open the next link in my reader and am devastated when reading stories of heart-breaking sadness. Sometimes I feel at a loss for words of encouragement or comfort, because they seem so small in the face of it all.  But I do try my best to offer up words of support.  Smiles or cheers or tears or hugs. 
 
I have 4 more birth control pills to take before I go to the RE’s office for a suppression check.   Every day I take a pill and count how many are left until I start this cycle “officially” with injections and blood draws and dates with the wand.  It’s strange to be in this ho hum in-between state.  Not actively trying, not on a break, not in the 2WW.  Just me and pills and waiting.  In the back of my mind I am filled with uncertainty for the future.  What side of the IF coin will I fall on come Sunday?  Joy and Hope / Sadness and waiting.  It all seems so manic-depressive, y’know?

I had a super exciting day on Monday that I will write about very soon and tomorrow I get to meet Sunny in Seattle and her little Beanchild.  We were going to hit a neat park halfway between our abodes but because it’s a bejezzus degrees outside (BTW-what the total hell? This is Seattle, not LA, not Phoenix, and the pasty people are all melting and escared of the bright hot shiny yellow thing in the sky.)  Yes.  We are meeting at the mall.  Whew.  So it will be fun to wander around the mall and watch the cute little Bean play on mall playground stuff and I hope all of the smooshy cute toddler babyness of it all doesn’t make my hormones surge and make me S-O-L for Sunday.  That’s all I’m saying.  :-)

10 comments on "4 more days/pills to go"

Lucky Jones on July 29, 2009 at 6:52 PM said...

Ohh, I am so excited for you :)You will be nice and suppressed, I know it..

And Yeah, WTH IS with this damn heat? In Portland it was 103 today. This is the PNW, I moved here for the weather....

Sunny on July 29, 2009 at 7:49 PM said...

Yes, I thought this was supposed to be the land of tree huggers and temperate climate! Ah well, it will pass soon enough. We had worse weather in St. Louis that hung around for WEEKS... man was I a grump.

Bean and I are looking forward to meeting you tomorrow! I mean, Bean's pretty quiet about it, but I can just tell. You may have a hormone surge at the play area, but I think that will be balanced by a supression over lunch. :)

Mrs. Gamgee on July 29, 2009 at 9:11 PM said...

I remember experiencing crazy heat in Seattle... when you just have no respite from it, because you're just not prepared. I just doesn't fit...

And I am crossing my fingers and praying real hard that you will be nicely suppressed (who knew that would be a sincere prayer request) so taht everything can get started!

Beautiful Mess on July 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM said...

I heard you had a pretty exciting day the other day. I hope you found what you were looking for. I was smelled but I'm not sure anything was smelled as I didn't put on the lotion, just the sugar scrub. I didn't want to my legs to slip off each other as I was trying to have a conversation (impress certain people) while trying to not sweat to death.

Have fun at the mall with Sunny and Bean! The heatwave will be over soon and we will all go back to seeing the rain we all know and love.
*HUGS*

One Who Understands on July 30, 2009 at 8:09 AM said...

Only 4 pills left! Then the real fun begins. Oh lovely hormones.

I have heard about the heat wave hitting the PNW. Sorry you guys are melting up there. We are so use to the heat here it is just another day in sunny Cal for us.

Hope in Virginia on July 30, 2009 at 9:26 AM said...

You must be a huge Harry Potter fan! I am, too, but have only seen it once! Glad to hear the pill supply is almost gone!

And P.S. I love your blog header. I have no idea how to make mine pretty like yours!

FET Accompli on July 30, 2009 at 11:45 AM said...

Every pill down leads you closer to the next step, and the next step, and the next step, and then, to baby steps.

Looking forward to hearing about your Monday!

K on July 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM said...

Oh yeah. Heat from HELL, as in 106 degrees here in P-town. UGH! It looks like we're all getting a small reprieve soon. Just in time for your check! ;)

Ann on July 31, 2009 at 8:47 AM said...

I just wanted to thank you for your support during my recent IVF. You are an inspiration. Sending lots of good vibes your way too. Love the follie count.

Suppression will be perfect,no worries there. I hope the pills are being good to you. Mine made me a raving lunatic. :-) But they did the job!

none on August 1, 2009 at 9:51 PM said...

Hey there! Looks like we'll be cycle buddies again. My last BCP is Sunday and suppression check Monday. Good times.

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez