I got 6


Traci6

I finally got the call from the RE’s office at like 3pm.  I didn’t get a damned thing done all day because I was preoccupied and worried. 

The nurse reminded me that 10 eggs were retrieved, that 6 were mature and ALL 6 FERTILIZED!  Woot!

I know that 6 isn’t incredible, but after finding out how many follicles had no eggs, I was terrified they would only find 2 mature and have none that fertilized or some other really difficult news along those lines.  The nurse gave me the rest of my instructions for the day and when to show up for day 3 transfer (Wednesday at 2:30 p.m.).  They would call me at 10:30 a.m. that same day and let me know if there were any problems or if things were looking like a day 5 transfer.  She also asked me if I wanted to do acupuncture before and after the transfer.  I really don’t know whether I should try the acupuncture.  Any opinions? 

I called MrBeep at work and gave him the good news 6 outta 6.  He was very happy and said, “See, you didn’t need to get so upset, it’s working along.  These are good numbers.”  I agreed, but told him the why I had some of my worries and he understood.  He did keep me down to earth and reminded me that it still may not work out, but that we continuing to work on our goal and that we’ll try again if necessary.  I love that MrBeep.

I wish our eggies (now embies) are cooking happily away a few miles from home.  We’ll be back to pick you up soon.  Oh, and JJ -  I wore my tangerine dream earrings, but didn’t get a picture.  I also wore my heart shaped locket my Gramma gave me on my wedding day.  It has a picture of her and Grampa.  He gave it to her when they were dating, over 60 years ago. I’ll wear them both again on Wednesday.

So I today I am very happy with the number 6.  As a tribute, I give you this little tidbit:

8 comments on "I got 6"

Sprogblogger on June 2, 2009 at 5:12 AM said...

FANTASTIC NEWS! It seems to me that any time all eggs retrieve fertilize, that you're looking at nice strong material to work with. Sounds wonderful so far, will be looking forward to hearing about transfer!

JJ on June 2, 2009 at 10:51 AM said...

Thats great that they all fertilized--goood sign! And Im so glad you wore the earings!! Hope you continue to feel well, and Im looking forward to the transfer news!

Accupuncture: did it for 1st IVF, not for 2nd. I didnt really get too much out of it--just my opinion. It tends to make me more anxious (not b/c of needles) than calm me, and Im not sure why...

Clare on June 2, 2009 at 11:18 AM said...

Good news! I just discovered acupuncture for me and it's been very beneficial for my general health - its meant to help with iVF too but no actually experience with acu and IVF.

Phoebe on June 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM said...

Six is a great number!

I've been doing acupuncture for years for IF, and I think it's helped me alot. However, if you never have done acupuncture before, I wouldn't recommend doing it for the first time at your transfer. I know women who have had bad experiences this way. It's better to do the acu at transfer when you have built a relationship with an acupuncturist over a couple of months. I think it takes several sessions for an acu to figure out what works for you and for your body to get used to the acu. So save your money and skip it!

jill on June 2, 2009 at 1:23 PM said...

Wonderful news!

Elizabeth on June 2, 2009 at 1:30 PM said...

Hi -- first, congratulations on your 6; great news! I had acpuncture with my IVF cycle and I really recommend it. I think that studies have shown that acpuncture is really one of the only things that has been shown to increase IVF success. I enjoyed acpuncture a lot and the needles are super, super tiny and didn't hurt at all. (We were blessed and lucky that our IVF cycle worked.) Best to you!

Barefoot on June 2, 2009 at 6:39 PM said...

Congrats on your six -- that's a great result!

Liv on June 2, 2009 at 9:55 PM said...

Flippin Fantastic! This is great. I love your ode to 6 with a School House Rocks video. That's awesome.

In my research I did find a case study where they had two groups of woman who were going through IVF. One group received theraputic acupuncture, the other received non-theraputic acupuncture (not that it hurt- just not hitting the points for infertility treatment) It found that the group that did receive acupuncture had an increase in success by 50%. Of course this is one case studies findings.

I have been doing acu for a little while now. I like it. Only time will tell if it's ultimately helping more than anectodaly. But, so far I think it helped w/ coming off the clomid cycles getting them back to normal. I've been seeing very fertile CM for an extended period of time which for me is biggie. I rarely see this on my own.

I did a post on acupuncture a while back if you want to check it out. If anything it might be worth a laugh. Acupunture: Poked for the Very First Time.
http://the-life-of-liv.blogspot.com/2009/04/acupuncture-virgin-poked-for-very-first.html

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez