10dp3dt - Too chicken to POAS


OK.  I’ll admit it.  My beta is tomorrow morning, it seems awfully early.  My RE’s office says they do it two weeks after egg retrieval, so Sunday it is.  I don’t know when I’ll get the results.  I suppose it will be some time in the afternoon after they run their lab tests.  I had considered using one of my pregnancy tests, left over as freebies packaged in my OV tests.

But…internets, I’m gonna admit that I’m too scared to POAS.

I was over at Sprogblogger’s house the other day (she has some great news on her FET, go visit if you can) and she used the term PUPO.  I had no idea what that was, so I looked it up.  It means “Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise.”  I love that.  I wish I knew that term for the last week and a half.  I don’t want to be proven otherwise yet.  I like being in happy PUPO land. I could list for you all of the “symptoms” I’ve been experiencing, but I’ve been fooled before…so I won’t.  I refuse to believe anything until I have proven results.  A few more hours won’t hurt anything and it just seems so early, I’m not sure I’d believe a pee stick.  So instead I will stay in my optimistic place, sending positive energy and happy endorphins to my monsters.  I can stay positive because it is still farther than we have ever been before.  That has to count for something. Right?

So I’ve decided to not POAS tomorrow morning before heading out to give blood.  I’m going to have a good and positive time until the very last moment.  I’m giving all telephones to MrBeep.  He will get the news from the RE’s office.  No matter what it is (good or bad) I want to hear it from the one I love the most.  The one who protects my soul.

3 comments on "10dp3dt - Too chicken to POAS"

Phoebe on June 13, 2009 at 4:58 PM said...

You are a stronger woman than I! Good luck tomorrow.

FET Accompli on June 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM said...

I like the idea of PUPO - Enjoy being PUPO and good luck tomorrow :-) I agree that it does seem a bit early...?

One Who Understands on June 14, 2009 at 8:10 PM said...

So what's the verdict? Crossing my fingers and toes!!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez