Fabulous Fotography Friday


Well the weather has finally slipped in to a very Seattle flat overcast. I am not pleased with my progress on photography this week since the light has been so flat, so I am pulling a best of 2009 photo for your pleasure. This photo was taken in February. I really like how it turned out and hope that you like it too.  

KirklandInFebruary

The location is a pier in Kirkland, WA with a gorgeous carved bench. I sat there and enjoyed my lunch, then snapped this picture when it was time to go.   You can see the skyscrapers of Seattle far off in the distance.

AF is due to arrive at any moment, the pink has hit the tissue. I am glad, for it marks the beginning of the next step in my journey. Although, she has managed to arrive just in time to be quite inconvenient for my weekend plans.

I have managed to find a way to distract me from any level of self pity for the weekend. I have organized all my gear and will start the 48-hour Film Project tonight at 7pm with one of my film buddies. We get to write, film, edit and deliver a 4-7 minute short film in 48 hours.

http://www.48hourfilm.com/seattle/

I was going to provide my gear and let someone else do the main camera work and then I'd be camera B (camera B-eotch was the running joke) but the Director of Photography dropped out at the last minute and now I get to do 1st camera and Director of Photography. I'm gonna be hella tired on Sunday.

6 comments on "Fabulous Fotography Friday"

jill on June 19, 2009 at 7:29 PM said...

Wonderful picture! It's something I'd frame and hang in my house. I love water pics.

Lots of luck with your film :) Sounds like great fun (though I know nothing about that type of thing). Will we (as in we here in blog-land) get to see the finished product?! hehe

FET Accompli on June 19, 2009 at 9:19 PM said...

That is a beautiful pictures - it evokes feelings of peace, tranquility and even hope.

Good luck with the film!!

Sunny on June 19, 2009 at 9:43 PM said...

Gorgeous! I was not so keen on moving to Seattle when the idea was first proposed to me a year and a half ago, but I have been completely won over by the beauty of the PNW. I could do with some sun and warmth right now, though! :)

Liv on June 20, 2009 at 6:46 AM said...

I love your corner of the globe. So many great landscapes. I love how you captured this one.I'd love to come sit with you. :o)

I hope you have a great, distractive, fun-busy weekend!

In Due Time on June 21, 2009 at 12:50 AM said...

Beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing with us.

B. on June 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog, and sorry to hear that your first IVF didn't take. I feel your pain. I really do. I am 40+ and about to go through my second IVF after the first failed nearly three months ago.

But, there's more to life than TTC, even though I forget that too often. That photo is beautiful. Have fun with your 48-hour film project!
B.

ICLW

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez