And the answer is...YES! No. Maybe? WTF??


I don't really know what to say today. I'm not sure what to report. Here's what I've got. I went in this morning for my blood test. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I am 11dp3dt. They took my blood sample at 9:30 a.m. We had a dinner/movie outing planned out with the in-laws that turned out needing to start at 2:15 pm. They picked us up at 1:45. MrBeep and I decided at 1:15 since we had not yet heard from the RE's office, that we would just turn all of the phones/cells to silent and not answer anything until we returned home. I just didn't want any bad news to cloud the day and a few hours wouldn't change the results.

We went out to see the movie UP. As always, Pixar has done an outstanding job with another awesome feature movie. It's sweet, warm, heartbreaking and hilarious. An extraordinary accomplishment. I saw Pete Doctor's first short at Mike and Spike's Festival of Animation when I lived in San Francisco. Pete Doctor has always been aces in my book. There have been some very kind posts that warn of a scene that can be very hard to watch for those of us still in the midst of battling infertility. When it came up, I held MrBeep tight and squeezed and kissed his shoulder. I did cry in many places during the movie that explored undying love and devotion. I'm a big softy. Most of the time, I was laughing and cheering the protagonists along. It is a really funny movie. I laughed far more than anything else, but be sure to see it on a good day and not a day where your heart is a little vulnerable. :-)

So on to the results. MrBeep went and listed to the message. I was curled up in bed waiting for him to snuggle close and give me the news. He squeezed me tight and said we have a positive beta, but the number is a little low.

17.2

Not awful, but not good either. I think the blood test was really early, only 11 days past the transfer, but what the hell do I know. Can anyone tell me what day your beta test was performed? Any good stories of low betas on day 11? I am scheduled to return on Wednesday for another blood test. The doctors are looking for the numbers to at least double. So here I am again..waiting. We are still optimistic that things may work out. I am most definitely pregnant until proven otherwise, and that gives me some hope, my heart is a little lighter than yesterday. I will keep my heart light until I have definitive news. There will be plenty of time for tears later.

Before we went off to the movies, we did a silly dance for our little monsters. Today we picked the most appropriate of them all...The Monster Mash.

12 comments on "And the answer is...YES! No. Maybe? WTF??"

Clare on June 15, 2009 at 3:12 AM said...

Good luck for Wednesday - wishing you the best news!!

sprogblogger on June 15, 2009 at 5:46 AM said...

Oh sweetie - wishing you all the best on this one. I've definitely heard stories of even lower betas turning into perfect babies. Let's hope this is one of those stories to add to the archives! Keeping EVERYTHING crossed for you!

FET Accompli on June 15, 2009 at 6:47 AM said...

Hi there,

11dp 3dt is still pretty early - our surrogate's beta at 11dp 3dt was 81 with twins. Here's a link to a betabase chart that shows median results, although I am not sure how to read it for a 3dt:

http://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

Wishing you great news.

Liv on June 15, 2009 at 7:01 AM said...

Oh, darlin'!! What a crazy place to be! WTF is right!

I'm firmly in my hope place for you. I know it's easier said then done, but try not to think about the initial number but what happens at the second test.

Will be praying for you!
xoxo

Kate on June 15, 2009 at 9:36 AM said...

First and foremost YAY!!!!!! A Positive!

And shit, yes, that sucks it is not more clearly so (emotional purgatory), but wednesday (dear, sweet wednesday) will bring more definitive positive news I hope I hope.

BIg HOPE
and warm wishes,
Kate

IF Optimist, then... on June 15, 2009 at 10:53 AM said...

Thanks so much everyone for your kind words. It means more than I can express in words. I am really trying to keep it together, but it is really hard. I decided that I would POAS every morning to see if the results got positive or darker. This morning it was negative with a hint of positive, but that may be just wishful thinking on my part. Hopefully over the next couple of days that line will darken up and I'll feel a whole lot better.

jill on June 15, 2009 at 12:11 PM said...

No advice on beta numbers from me but I'm smiling for you and can't wait to hear the news on Wed! Soooo hopeful over here!!

I went to see Up on Sunday, too. It was great :)

One Who Understands on June 15, 2009 at 3:09 PM said...

Yeah for a positive beta! I think 11dp3dt is really early too. I love the PUPO! And you are!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Kate on June 15, 2009 at 4:09 PM said...

Well good luck on Wed. Beta purgatory is just hell, eh? It does sound on the low side, but as long as it doubles and keeps on going, maybe it was just a late implanter. Things could still be fine.
Hang in there!

Finn's Mom on June 16, 2009 at 8:47 AM said...

GL tomorrow! I've been in beta hell and it stinks! I have heard of MANY betas that started low and resulted in successful pregnancies. 11dp3dt is still very early and remember it's the doubling rate that counts, not the actual number.

Kate on June 16, 2009 at 8:05 PM said...

thinking of you this testing eve, and hoping for the best possible news tomorrow--

thank you for the ARC info, I've already written to boston ivf for info. I just assumed i would not qualify since I am older-- guess I will let them tell me rather than just assuming so... thank you thank you always for your amazing support.

warmly, kate

Thalia on June 17, 2009 at 9:18 AM said...

The most famous similar number in blogland is brooklyn girl's beta of 14 at 14 dpo (ie exactly where you are, it makes no difference that you are 11dp3dt, or 9dp5dt, or 12dp2dt, or simply 14dpo, the embryos are 14 days old so results are comparable). The pregnancy resulted in her son.

As you will see if you follow the betabase link, this is a low number at this point, but not the lowest number on the chart. It is possilble things could get better from here.

http://www.betabase.info/showDailyData.php?type=basic&multiples=Single&dpo=14

I'm sorry you are left with such an ambiguous answer. I hope for better things for you going forward.

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez