The story of “MrBeep” – **Fert update


A few folks have asked from time to time about how MrBeep got his name.  I wanted to save this story for a special day.  Since my egg retrieval was today at 9:30 am and we got…

18 eggs!!!

**FERTILIZATION REPORT UPDATE
I got an update on the eggs.  We indeed retrieved 18 eggs, of those 14 (WOW!) were mature.  10 fertilized normally with ICSI (we have to do ICSI due to our male factor).  I am scheduled for a egg transfer on Monday at 11:00 am.  We’ll find out if that gets pushed to a 5 day transfer on Monday.**

I think it is due time to warrant a very special story. It all started after I began to read many of my bloggidy friend’s posts.  There were stories of their husband, significant other, special somebody, etc. and many have some really excellent and clever names for their dear heart loves.  Here’s a short list (in no particular order)

The Life of Liv has “Marvy”
mekate has “My darlin’”
MrsGamgee has “Beloved”
Sprogblogger has “The Boy”
Beautiful Mess has “Dirty”
Phoebe has “Magic”
JJ has “Mook”

Now maybe my friends do have counterparts whose actual Christian names are indeed “Dirty” and “Mook” and “Boy” and “Magic”.  Heck “Prince” is his real name.  But my guess was that these are names beautifully invented by highly amusing and intelligent women.  I am a poseur and wanted to have a nifty name for my husband too.  I wracked my feeble brain for a while until I remembered an amusing tidbit that made me think…I’ve got it!  MrBeep!

OK. Let me explain.  Our house has 3 stories (a walk-out basement, main level and 2nd floor).  Sometimes when you are looking for a person, they are sort of hard to find.  You call out, “Hello?” and they say something like “I’m here” and you still can’t quite pinpoint the location/floor due to the foyer causing a bit of an echo.  So one day I called out “Where are you…Beeeeeeep?” when looking for my husband and he replied “BEEP!”  We kept beeping at each other every few seconds like sonar pings until I found him.  Now we just call out in sonar beeping, even when we just want to get the other person’s attention to come into our current room for a smootch.  When I told him I named him MrBeep he absolutely loved it.  He also pointed out his initials are in the name.  Every now and then he’ll look at me and smile and say, “You named me MrBeep” and bust out laughing.

There ends the tale of how he was named MrBeep. 

=================================================

On other fronts, I enjoyed a delicious cup of morrocan mint tea with a delightful sesame snack over at Clare’s for the Mad IFers Tea Party.  Here was her kind quote: “let me pour you a glass of Moroccan mint tea to go with that. And here's one for you too, IF Optimist oh and a sweet sesame snack. IF Optimist is very happy to be here drinking tea with us all. Did you know she and her husband just celebrated their 2 year wedding anniversary? Congratulations!”

MrBeep and I wanted to say a big “Thank You!” to all of my bloggidgy friends who wished us well for (as Wiseguy perfectly put it) Anniversary Release date 2.0.  Way to go on the geekspeak Wiseguy!

=================================================

I’ll find out more tomorrow on how many of those 18 eggs are mature and fertilized.  I must say that I am very happy with the results so far.  Man, do my ovaries feel achy (but that is another story for another day.)

24 comments on "The story of “MrBeep” – **Fert update"

Clare on October 3, 2009 at 2:48 AM said...

Way to go on the 18 eggs! Woo hoo! Fingers crossed for more good news for you! Loved the story of how MrBeep got his name, you two are so cute! Glad you had fun at the tea party!!

'Murgdan' on October 3, 2009 at 5:23 AM said...

18 is incredible! Can't wait to hear the next round of good news!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That is fabulous!!! I cannot wait to hear about your fert report!

Pie on October 3, 2009 at 7:44 AM said...

18!!!! Whooooo-hoooo! Really great, congrats!

K on October 3, 2009 at 7:53 AM said...

HOLY SHIT! That is beyond outstanding. You are the poster child for ovarian stimulation. Congrats...can't wait for the rest of the story... :)

Love the beep story too!

Sprogblogger on October 3, 2009 at 8:16 AM said...

Fan-freakin'-tastic! Your ovaries are rock-stars. I also love the story of MrBeep's name. Can't wait to hear how the eggies do in this next stage!

Sunny on October 3, 2009 at 8:43 AM said...

AWWWWWWWW YEAH! Way to go, superstar ovaries! 18 is amazing. Here's hoping for an awesome report tomorrow.

And thanks for sharing the story of MrBeep. It's super cute. :)

Phoebe on October 3, 2009 at 11:10 AM said...

That is so awesome, both the 18 eggs and the great MrBeep story! Keep on rockin'!

Beautiful Mess on October 3, 2009 at 11:24 AM said...

Sorry I missed your anniversary! I had school all week, which wouldn't have been bad, but I've got this horrible cold/flu thing to go with it. Happy anniversary! I hope you two had a lovely one!

YAY for 18 eggs, that's awesome!!! I love MrBeep's name. That's great! And you're right, "Dirty" is not my husband's given name. I can't really even take credit for it. He's used it for years on the forums he's on and the online games he plays. But it fits him well ;o)
*HUGS*

one-hit_wonder on October 3, 2009 at 1:13 PM said...

Hurray!

And love the Mr Beep story! :)

Kate on October 3, 2009 at 1:14 PM said...

Cute story, and way to go on 18 eggs. Can't wait to hear the fert report! I'm expecing great things...

The Steadfast Warrior on October 3, 2009 at 2:00 PM said...

Congrats on the 10 fertlized eggs!! That's wonderful news.

And love the story! Too funny. I never did come up for a nickname for my husband. Had the blog too long I think... :)

K on October 3, 2009 at 2:13 PM said...

And double wow for the fert report. 10 is awesome! Yes it is. I personally am a big fan of the 3-day transfer, having done it both ways. However, I know that a 5-day typically means more choices, which is a good problem to have. (Although that was not my case.)Either way, I am so totally happy for you.

And, I just want to say that I'm not sitting on the computer, playing all day. I am actually in between making batches of apple cider and more tomato sauce. Seriously, I have tomtaoes coming out of my ass. Would be happy to share some with you. Will likely be in Seattle on the 12th.
Take care,
K.

none on October 3, 2009 at 5:58 PM said...

That's a great fert report! Ten embies is sooo very promising. You're in great shape. Yay!

jill on October 3, 2009 at 7:16 PM said...

Woo! Congrats on the awesome retreival! Sending good thoughts for awesome quality for your transfer.

Very cute story about MrBeep. I've been trying to think of a good nickname for R since I started my blog but nothing has clicked yet.

FET Accompli on October 3, 2009 at 7:40 PM said...

Congrats, 18 eggs is awesome, and 14 mature is spectacular!! I am so happy for you :-) The Mr. Beep naming stort is so cute. I should have a better name for my hubbie than just hubbie. Not sure what though. In the last post in my total excitement I called him by his real name!! But then changed it back to hubbie when I discovered this :-)

Congrats again!!!!

Kate on October 4, 2009 at 6:05 AM said...

wow amazing egg count T, seriously now, no wonder your ovaries are sore! they should be after all of that action. holy moly.
hope everything continues to go wonderfully well!

xox
k

Guera! on October 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM said...

Hi there, Thanks for the comments on my recent post. I agree with you completely in that I would hope people would be concerned rather than ignore what might be pets or kids in danger. I just hated being unjustly on the receiving end. It almost made me realize that things are not always what they seem.

Guera! on October 4, 2009 at 11:24 AM said...

I meant to say "it also made me realize..." not "almost".

Eb on October 4, 2009 at 2:16 PM said...

18?! that is amazing! congratulations you popcorn maker, you.
and congrats on so many fert-ing!!!

Kate on October 4, 2009 at 6:34 PM said...

great fert report! and hoping for tomorrow or wednesday based on whatever will make YOU feel best. I am so pleased for your success so far! I'll be holding hope and wishing for magic.
Fingers crossed for the best possible outcome,
XOXO
kate

Photogrl on October 4, 2009 at 6:36 PM said...

AWESOME fert report! I'll be thinking LOTS of positive thoughts for you Monday morning...

Loved hearing how you came up with "MrBeep", too!

One Who Understands on October 5, 2009 at 11:05 AM said...

What a great fert report!! This cycle is really looking good. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Love the name MrBeep and how it came to be. I still need to think of something cleaver for my sweet DH.

JJ on October 7, 2009 at 1:19 PM said...

Ooo Im so happy you explained Mr. Beep. Such a cute story=) And ya know, I dont think I have ever explained why I call my mister, Mook--was like a lightbulb going off in my head!

And happy belated anniversary--I love that you all had a pie for your wedding!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez