2nd beta – may I have a drumroll please


bbbrrrbbbbrrrrbbbbrrrrrbbrrrrbbbrrrr (this is my written version of the sound a drumroll makes, pretty good eh?  Can you hear it in your head?  You’re welcome.)

Nurse Sarah called a little while ago and was being a smidge teasingly evasive, I said “Hey, girlfriend pony up the number” and then she said, “well, we are typically looking a beta number to double, your previous was 565 and your number today is…

2014.9 – Yay Monsters!

and that, dear Traci is what we call ‘Robust’.  You should have been here at the office when we got your results on Saturday. There was a huge WOOP in the reception area that went all around the office.  Those who weren’t in on Saturday immediately logged in on Monday asking, if Traci was pregnant.”  She asked me if MrBeep told me the story of how she told him of the positive on Saturday.

“No, he didn’t, but he is a guy.”

“True enough” said Sarah “when I called on Saturday afternoon I asked for you and he said, ‘I’m sorry but she’s taking a nap right now.’  I said, we’ll that makes sense because that’s what pregnant women do. Then there was a beat and he said, ‘Really?’ and I told him the good news of the 1st beta number.”  She also asked me if I wanted to know what the number meant and I said, “Twins?” and she said it’s very likely.  Whew.  We’ll find out when I have my first ultrasound.  It is scheduled for the afternoon of Nov. 2nd. That day will officially be considered 6w3d.

I told MrBeep who was grinning over the phone and so very happy about the news.  I’m over the moon and relieved and hopeful and how many days away is Nov. 2nd?  Oh yeah, it’s a 2WW.  Why does that seem so familiar?

32 comments on "2nd beta – may I have a drumroll please"

Kate on October 20, 2009 at 3:24 PM said...

YOWZERS!!!! :) Grow monsters grow!

Here's to another two week wait.... but this time hopefully much more sweeter.

Sunny on October 20, 2009 at 3:41 PM said...

WEEEE WHOOO!!!! I have been dying for this post. I am so excited for you! November 2nd, huh? I was just reading an email about a Seattle Families of Multiples meeting on November 7th, for those who are expecting or have young babies. Too soon? :D

Brooke on October 20, 2009 at 3:44 PM said...

Beautiful numbers! Congrats!

Clare on October 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM said...

Wow what a number! The monsters must be settling in good!! Do you have any symptoms yet??

Barefoot on October 20, 2009 at 3:52 PM said...

Congrats on a fantastic second beta!!!!

sprogblogger on October 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM said...

Oh sweetie, congratulations. No, wait - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wonderful, splendid, couldn't-be-happening-to-a-nicer-person sort of news!

Off to move you to my preggers column.

Pie on October 20, 2009 at 4:48 PM said...

WOOT!

WOOT WOOT! You got twins!!

So how do you feel?

one-hit_wonder on October 20, 2009 at 5:26 PM said...

YEAH!!!! :)

irrationalexuberance on October 20, 2009 at 5:33 PM said...

Wowee -- that's some kind of beta growth. Congratulations!

Mad Hatter on October 20, 2009 at 5:35 PM said...

CONGRATULATIONS X 2!!!! Hurray for your twin monsters!!! Soooo thrilled for you, my friend! ;-)

K on October 20, 2009 at 5:40 PM said...

Holy shit! We are like just a couple weeks apart. That is so totally cool. Been waiting for this post all day long. Yay for you and the monsters. Would be very cool if we got to share this whole journey!!! Guess it's the water in the Pacific NW. ;)

Gwynn on October 20, 2009 at 5:57 PM said...

Just a little lurker here that wanted to say, "HOOOOLY CRAP!!!" Congratulations! I can't wait to see what pops up on the u/s screen!

jill on October 20, 2009 at 8:31 PM said...

WOOHOO! Go monsters! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that's awesome news! From what I know about beta numbers, it does sound very likely to be multiple(s), wow!

How exciting, you give me a lot of hope!

Phoebe on October 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM said...

Yowza! That's one kick ass second beta!! Congratulations!

K on October 21, 2009 at 5:34 AM said...

WOW Congrats

JJ on October 21, 2009 at 6:37 AM said...

Fantastic!!!! Go lil monsters, go!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle on October 21, 2009 at 8:20 AM said...

YAY! Grow lil monsters grow!

Sue on October 21, 2009 at 8:40 AM said...

Here from LFCA, and so touched by your wonderful post! What an amazing clinic you have!

Congratulations on the good numbers -- hope everything from here on in goes smoothly and you get a wonderful, healthy, screaming baby (or two) in 36 weeks! Woo!

Kate on October 21, 2009 at 9:42 AM said...

YAY! MONSTERS!
You are PREGNANT!

How friggin cool is that? (QUITE!)

So, I am thrilled and grinning and teary and all good things.

So very very happy for you Traci, YAY!

xoxoxo
kate

Photogrl on October 21, 2009 at 10:22 AM said...

Go monsters, go mosters, GO!

Wonderful beta!!!

Yay!

Dirk on October 21, 2009 at 11:10 AM said...

Our process does not involve beta numbers, so I have no idea what any of that means, but you are excited, so I am excited for you. Congratulations.

Beautiful Mess on October 21, 2009 at 3:55 PM said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! WEEEE!!! I'm SO excited and happy for you! YAY!!!
*HUGS*

Rotten on October 21, 2009 at 9:31 PM said...

Funny... twins is the first thing I thought of when I saw those numbers too. My beta was pretty high in the beginning as well and we had just one bouncing baby girl, but you never know. Can't wait to hear about the US. Yay for you! I can imagine you cannot stop smiling!

Mo on October 22, 2009 at 8:52 AM said...

AWESOME news!!!!!

Mo

jill on October 22, 2009 at 12:08 PM said...

Just stopping by again to let you know I tagged you on my blog. If you don't want to play along, I promise I won't be offended :)

AL on October 22, 2009 at 1:42 PM said...

Yea for twin monsters!! Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

twins? or maybe all 3????
It was all 3 for me.
Congratulations on a really big positive!

..al on October 22, 2009 at 9:13 PM said...

Awesome numbers...Say have you ever fallen in love with Arithmetic like this ever before?

Why do I keep thinking that you are having multiples?

Jem on October 24, 2009 at 10:39 AM said...

Gives a new definition to, "Where the wild things are!" Twins? Wow.

In any case, congrats on the awesome numbers.

Anonymous said...

Incredible number! Can't wait to hear the results of that scan!!

Angie on October 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM said...

Congratuations - So happy for you!!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez