Anniversary and updates


HoorayYesterday was MrBeep’s and my anniversary.  We’ve been married for two years, but we have been together for over fourteen.  We decided to have the ceremony and “make it official” because we were seriously going for help in making our family.  We had our ceremony in the local state park in a grove covered with trees and surrounded by ferns.  Here is a picture of us after the ceremony, walking from the fern grove to the reception building.  My dress was green and the top had gold and copper embroidery.  It was hand made by a local shop in Bellevue, WA.  We are both so glad we got hitched because we have an official day where we enjoyed a big party with a small group of our favorite friends and family.  We both decided amid the planning that we didn’t want a wedding cake because most wedding cake isn’t very good…and really…when it comes right down to it.  Wouldn’t you rather have pie?  We love pie.  We had a wedding pie. 

WeddingPie

A pear and almond tart, it was fun and yummy and topped with Penguins in Love

Last year, I came up with a system for our anniversary.  We both decided was a fun idea.

MrBeep is in charge of odd year anniversary celebrations (1, 3, 5, 7, 9…)
I am in charge of even year anniversary celebrations (2, 4, 6, 8, 10…)

Smootch If the anniversary date falls on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday we make a mini-vacation out of it.  If the date falls on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday then we have a little evening of dinner or a movie. Last year MrBeep selected a weekend in Portland, OR. This year I chose to go out to a restaurant in Seattle called Bizzarro.  We shared the best risotto I have ever enjoyed.  It was served with a seared duck breast.  We also had some hand-made pasta with Bolognese.  Dessert was strawberry and balsamic vinegar ice-cream.  Mmmmmmmmm.  We both had a really fun time and we love new eating adventures. I’m very lucky to have such a great best friend and love in MrBeep.  I am a better person for meeting and knowing him he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. 

Cycle status update:  Sorry for the delay in reporting what is going on with me and eggs and the cycle.  I have been swamped with a new cool film project. I promise to write about that another time.  Tuesday we hadn’t quite made it so we waited another day.  Today I went in to see DocO for an ultrasound and blood work.  Ultrasound finally revealed enough follicles over 19mm to go for trigger.  I have 16 follicles measuring above 10mm on with a half dozen smaller ones around for good measure.  DocO thinks we may get 10 or 11 good sized ones out of the bunch given their current size.  My E2 level was 2585 so we have some going on for sure.  MrBeep mixed my trigger shot while I watched and we took it at 9:30 pm.  We are scheduled for egg retrieval on Friday morning.  WOWZER! 

17 comments on "Anniversary and updates"

..al on October 1, 2009 at 2:15 AM said...

Happy Anniversary! This is your release date 2.0!

I love the unique way that you have assigned the 'Captain Celebration'!

That pie looked beautiful and I am sure it was yum!

Good Luck with the IVF cycle! My best wishes for it!

M on October 1, 2009 at 4:02 AM said...

happy anniversary!

how funny that i've finally found someone who takes turns planning like we do! (except he's evens because he planned anniversary 0--the honeymoon! lol)

best of luck with ER this friday! i'll be winging good thoughts your way :)

Sprogblogger on October 1, 2009 at 6:07 AM said...

Happy anniversary, and the penguins-in-love topper is just the most adorable thing ever. I'm all for wedding pie! Good luck on this upcoming cycle, I'll be stalking your blog, following along...

Mrs. Gamgee on October 1, 2009 at 6:30 AM said...

I love the wedding pie! Such a great idea...

Happy anniversary and blessings on you and your follies! :)

Sunny on October 1, 2009 at 7:36 AM said...

Happy anniversary!! Love the wedding pictures, you guys are so obviously happy and in luuurve. I love how you really made it reflect your personalities.

ER on Friday morning!!! Holy crap!!! Remembering to think very fertile thoughts for you...

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! My brother and his wife have the same anniversary, definitely a good day to get married. Your wedding pie is gorgeous, yeah, I'd rather have pie.

Good luck on the cycle!

K on October 1, 2009 at 8:25 AM said...

That's a great post...and I love the wedding story and pics! Thanks for the update, I've been sitting on pins and needles around here wondering what's going on! And Holy shit...you've got some serious egg action. Sweet! Can't wait for retrieval news. Don't make us wait so long, eh? ;)

Kate on October 1, 2009 at 8:40 AM said...

Happy anniversary trigger and retrieval I will be thinking ALL GOOD THOUGHTS about your eggs. Which sounds really weird when taken out of context.

Seriously now. GOOD luck tomorrow!

xox
kate

Photogrl on October 1, 2009 at 10:20 AM said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Love the pics, pie, and planning!

Thinking LOTS of positive thoughts for you this cycle, and I'll be praying for you tomorrow morning.

The Steadfast Warrior on October 1, 2009 at 10:55 AM said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that you guys take turns. Hmmm, may have to steal that one. ;)

Good luck tomorrow. Crossing my fingers all goes well...

jill on October 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM said...

I love your little celebration system! That's awesome :)

And that pie, OMG it was beautiful! I love the little penguins on top. I've never had a pear and almond tart but I might be hunting one down very soon...

Hooray for the trigger - I'm so excited for you! Lots of luck and happy thoughts comin' at ya for Friday!!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo - on the anniversary but for the follies too!

That dinner sounds amazing!

Kate on October 1, 2009 at 4:08 PM said...

Good luck! The follicles sound promising. Hope all goes well tomorrow.
That pie looks delish!

Brooke said...

First time reader here, wanted to say good luck on your ER! I think we might be at the same clinic, but don't want to say (why, I am not sure!). I am at the beginning of IVF #1 now. Well, good luck and Happy Anniversary to you both!

Brooke

Pie on October 2, 2009 at 7:31 AM said...

I love that you had pie! I'm very flattered :)

Sending you all the best wishes for today's retrieval! Lots and lots of mature eggs!

One Who Understands on October 2, 2009 at 10:41 AM said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Love the pie. It was such a beautiful dessert. I personally LOVE cake. I dream about wedding cake, but I do love pie too... It is a wonder I don't weigh 300 lbs.


Your cycle seems to be going great! It seemed to go by fast. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Phoebe on October 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM said...

Happy Anniversary! Good luck with the retrieval!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez