Stim Day 1

Today I started my stimulation drugs.  We woke up at the way too early hour of 7:30 a.m. (we finally went to sleep some time around 3:00 a.m.)  I got the gonal-F pen package out the the fridge, dragged all of the swabs and directions out of their storage and we began by watching the video on how to use the pen off of the Freedom Fertility Pharmacy patient’s training site.  We used this as a refresher from our injection training.  The videos are very detailed and step-by-step so you don’t miss anything.  I highly recommend checking the company out for your IF drug needs.

The morning injection went off without a hitch, I was a little bummed about having to get the max dosage for some dumb reason.  My husband <who I will from now on call him by a bloggidyname> MrBeep watched over me, double-checked for air bubbles in the pen and gave me kisses and snuggles when it was all done and we went back to sleep for a couple more hours.

I felt pretty good all day long then we went over to his folks for dinner and cards.  We enjoyed some pan-fried sole with mashed potatoes, fresh Washington asparagus, cabbage slaw and lemon poundcake for dessert.  Yum!  We played some poker together for a couple of hours and had fun teasing each other about gameplay.  What a super night. 

During our poker-fest we had to take a break for my evening menopur injection.  I forgot to bring the instruction sheet with the meds, so rather than having to drive home, we just logged on to the computer and checked my dosage and instructions on the pharmacy website.  Awesome!

I had few symptoms other than a small headache starting in the afternoon that blossomed into a blown-out tension/slam me in the back of the head with a baseball bat headache by nightfall.  Was it the meds, dehydration, allergy season, the change in weather, or the power of suggestion? (Headache was listed in the medication symptoms and my RE office pal said the menopur gave her a migrane.)  I dunno.  Tomorrow I will drink a lot more water and make sure I move around a little more.

MrBeep did all of the preparation for the meds, he was so careful and meticulous.  I sat and watched him, welling up with so much love for this man who takes such good care of me.  I feel so lucky and blessed by the universe that I found him and he loved me back. 

0 comments on "Stim Day 1"


IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez