<Insert sound of tires screeching to a halt>


So I went in for my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork on Wednesday.  I even got a really sweet friend to hang out at my house in case the FedEx man arrived with my big box of medicine.  (I scheduled my baseline on the same day and morning as my meds were suppose to arrive.  Brilliant planning on my part.)  The medicine arrived about 30 minutes after I got home from my RE appointment but I did get to enjoy my girlfriend’s company for a couple of hours which was super nice. 

Later the same day, I received a call from the RE nurse with bloodwork results.  She said I was to wait and not start my medication as my estradiol levels were too high (it could have been from the estrace pills I took the day before) or I guessed correctly and it wasn’t really Day 1 after all.  Me and my stupid smartypants. 

I am scheduled to go back in on Friday morning at 7:45 a.m. (ye gods that’s early) for another blood draw.  If my estradiol levels are normal then I will begin stimming medication on Saturday.  I’ll let you know what happens on Friday.  I had expected to start all of my meds and schedules and swabbing and pinching and then life was all <insert sound of tires screeching to a halt>.  I was wound up.  I’m at the starting line, the light has gone from red to yellow and I’m waiting for the green to get the pedal to the metal.  I am excited and terrified.  Giddy and dizzy and sick.  What the freak will I feel like once I have the hormones in my system?

0 comments on "<Insert sound of tires screeching to a halt>"

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez