read-ING, talk-ING, walk-ING, stimm-ING


First I want to thank Wonderful Liv for sending me an email mentioning problems posting comments.  I was aware of the bug with the template but had no friends/followers commenting at the time.  Admittedly, I was a lazy a$$ and put off going through the code.  I am happy to report that I finally fixed the problem which only seemed to be for IE7.  I really appreciate the comments very much so thanks for being patient if you had trouble. There are many advantages to being a computer geek.

As for me, the IVF cycle is progressing very well.  I have been into the RE office every day this week either getting blood work or ultrasounds to monitor and measure those follies.  I am getting to the point where I feel I am bursting at the seams.  I have 8 on lefty and 9 on righty over 11mm right now.  I can walk at a pretty decent pace, but I can’t go super-fast and I also have some problems sitting and bending at the waist.  No complaints, just information.   Your kind words of encouragement are much appreciated, especially after the 5th shot in the belly of the day.  Thank goodness I’m down to 2-3 now.

After I went to the RE this morning and then spend a few hours talk-ING with my MIL about how things are progressing, the process involved, etc.  I answered all of her questions.  She is a very kind and fabulous person who said all the right things and made me feel very special.  If we are successful, this will be her first grandchild (my husband is an only child, so we’re IT).  After our nice talk, we went walk-ING down near the waterfront.  My huge ovaries were a tad uncomfortable by the end, but it was a glorious sunny day not to be missed or ignored.

I thoroughly look forward every morning to firing up ole bessie (my ancient laptop) and relaxing for an hour or so, read-ING my favorite blogs.  I love to hear the news on how folks are progressing with their cycles, their IVFs and IUIs, their pregnancies, and life with their children.  I also feel honored to be able to read and comment where folks are having a truly hard time.  Bad news, lost opportunities, and heart-rending sadness that is almost too much to bear.  Some of those brave souls are climbing their way out of an abyss. I cannot imagine the courage or grace it takes to do so. 

I am glad to know all of these people are out in my world.  It is a better place because of all of you.  I learn so much from every stage of this journey. 

5 comments on "read-ING, talk-ING, walk-ING, stimm-ING"

JJ on May 29, 2009 at 5:18 AM said...

Glad things are going so well! And it really does help to have people close to us understand we need sensitive/caring chats about all this--great you have that in your MIL! Mook is an only child too, so I totally understand that aspect of this journey!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Me on May 29, 2009 at 5:31 AM said...

Sounds like everything is going great! Good luck with your upcoming apts. It's great when the people around you are supportive! When you're doing IVF, you totally need a cheerleading team! Good luck with everything. Love your blog by the way. :-)

Liv on May 29, 2009 at 5:43 AM said...

Ah ha!!! Much better you fixed the problem. I'm in your bloghouse now!

I'm really happy to hear that you have a fabulous MIL who makes you feel special. It's the support from those important people around you that make all the difference in the world.

Thank YOU for coming over to my blog via Ol' Bessie and sharing kind words of encouragement. I would be a downright madwoman if it were not for all of you.

Phoebe on May 29, 2009 at 7:43 AM said...

I'm so glad I can finally comment on your blog!! Good luck with this cycle. I'll be cheering you on!

Clare on May 29, 2009 at 3:19 PM said...

Very sweet post! I wish you all the luck in the world for this cycle and hope you're not in too much discomfort. Good luck!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez