Simply stimulating my dear


Things are moving along, time is rushing by.  I enjoyed a blood letting and coochie cam extravaganza at 7:45 am on a Saturday morning.  Boy, did I love getting up that early, lemme tell ya.  No coffee, eyes barely open.  I let MrBeep sleep in and keep the bed nice and warm for my return.  DrKAwesome checked me out and declared my endometrium “nice and thick” which I will assume is OK.  Then she checked both ovaries and started measuring follicle sizes.  Lefty was in a funny position and hiding, but we measured 6 follicles at 8 – 12 mm.  Righty measured 8 follicles at 8-12 mm too.  So it looks like the growth is pretty even. There are no cysts or follicles measuring way ahead of the rest of the bunch. My E2 numbers are at 598, so that went up nicely from two days ago (221).  My meds have stayed steady since the beginning of the stim cycle so I think that is good too.  I am nervous about these things because last cycle we ran into drug issues so hopefully that won’t be the case this time.  So far it seems things are working OK.  (Knock on wood) 

MrBeep is so wonderful.  He prepares my meds every morning and evening while I watch (as an added quality assurance check).  Sometimes we mix it up and I mix/prep the injections while he verifies the protocol (I know, we’re wild like that!)  He refuses to ever just prep the meds like last time, he has to double-check the doctor’s website to make sure that none of the medications or dosages have changed.  He’s thorough and very scientific.  I highly recommend having that quality assurance checker, it really helps make you feel like you’ve done everything right and no important steps were forgotten, plus you get the added bonus of hugs and kisses on a job well done.

I was a good girl and finished the rest of my boring work that I was procrastinating on today.  I think writing about it to y’all embarrassed me enough to finally get it done.  Now hopefully I can move on to a few more things that are fun or at least mildly interesting, like cleaning my desk and doing bills…or maybe I will just go for a walk in the sun.

17 comments on "Simply stimulating my dear"

..al on September 27, 2009 at 5:20 AM said...

LOLOL...Walk in the sun...and then clean your desk and do the bills...I am glad that things are falling into their right places!

none on September 27, 2009 at 7:07 AM said...

Very nice - good job ovaries! That's sweet that Mr. Beep prepares your meds. Mine just says "where am I jabbing you today?" Then on occasion, "you need sperm now? Okay." ;-)

Ann on September 27, 2009 at 7:37 AM said...

Go ovaries! Slow and steady just like you should...Your E2 is lovely. You're going to be there sooner than you know it!

Sprogblogger on September 27, 2009 at 7:47 AM said...

I love that you two do your meds together. It sounds like you have a lovely day planned, and a good exam already done with to be happy about!

FET Accompli on September 27, 2009 at 8:54 AM said...

Hurray for a nice endometrium and follicles!!

Congrats on getting that work done - I am a bit of a procrastinator myself....

K on September 27, 2009 at 9:55 AM said...

Like I said...ovaries of a 20 year old! Good for you! I am so happy for you...all looks very good.

jill on September 27, 2009 at 9:57 AM said...

Awesome news!

and I vote for walk in the sun too ;)

Anonymous said...

Great follie count! And your man sounds fabulous!

Beautiful Mess on September 27, 2009 at 11:42 AM said...

Sounds like things are going well *knocks on wood* I love that Mr. Beep is your quality assurance checker. That's wonderful team work!

Enjoy your Sunday!
*HUGS*

Dirk on September 27, 2009 at 11:53 AM said...

My wife and I had a terrible experience when we started IVF due to a drug mix-up. We now practice a rigid double checking of everything we do, just like you mention. I highly recommend the practice.

Dirk on September 27, 2009 at 11:58 AM said...

... and "coochie cam". I hadn't heard that one before. I laughed out loud.

Kate on September 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM said...

Sounding good to me!

Pie on September 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM said...

Yay, you are stimming so well! That's a lot of follies so far, a very good sign. You'll be waddling around in no time!

Sunny on September 27, 2009 at 6:20 PM said...

I hope you walked in the sun.... what a GORGEOUS DAY!!! One to remember when the clouds roll in for the winter. *grumble grumble*

I'm so thrilled everything is going well. I am hoping like mad for you this cycle.

K on September 29, 2009 at 9:55 AM said...

I'm just blog stalking you again...looking for an update. You must be getting close?? Must have an inkling of when trigger is? Must tell all of us soon?

Mrs. Gamgee on September 30, 2009 at 7:07 AM said...

Sounds like all is going well with your protocol... sending prayers that this cycle will continue with no surprises (except for that most hoped for surprise at the end).

K on September 30, 2009 at 12:13 PM said...

C'mon already. Cough up some more details..... :)

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez