What’s the buzz? Tell me whatsa happenin’


I’ve been on the micro-dose lupron protocol officially since Sunday.  I took small doses of lupron (.1 cc ) in the morning and evening on Sunday and Monday.  Then I had a quick ultrasound check on Monday to make sure the aspirated cyst was indeed gone and

<drumroll please>

WOOO HOOO it was nice and flat and deflated.  Both ovaries are showing no cysts and 10-15 follicles each, so hopefully I’ll have a “good crop”.  On Tuesday I continued the morning micro-dose of lupron but added a 375 unit dose of gonal-f.  In the evening I take another dose of lupron and 150 units of menopur.  That makes me stimming now for a couple of days.  I had no idea how I was doing until today when I had my first blood draw.  My E2 level is at 225, which I am told is good.  I go back for a (ugh!) 7:45 am appointment on Saturday to get another blood draw and an ultrasound.  Hopefully these eggs are baking along quite nicely.  Every day I take a prenatal vitamin along with a RE recommended low-dose aspirin -- my belly is black and blue from the injections and thin blood.  MrBeep looks at me, sticks out his lower lip and pouts on my behalf.  Then I get kisses and hugs and words of encouragement.  The menopur stings sometimes but other times it doesn’t at all.  I couldn’t tell you why.

On the “other parts of my life” front I am not accomplishing as much daily as I would like, but that’s just the way the cookie crumbles around here.  I need to finish a tremendously boring aspect of what I am doing right now and I know I’m procrastinating.  I’m getting just enough done to avoid total embarrassment…but it’s really not good enough.  I need to just get the damned thing out of the way.  Maybe tomorrow I will put my nose to the grindstone and not be distracted by…hey, look a  shiny thing in the corner of my eye <wander>. 

On more creative fronts, I received final copies of four Japanese children’s stories I helped rewrite with my friend and his mother.  My friend’s mother produces and records audiobooks in Japanese for the blind.  This year they decided to do some classic children’s folk tales with readings in both Japanese and English.  I received the first draft of four different stories from the Japanese version and rewrote them to add dialog and fix some of the awkwardness from the original transcripts.  I listened to the finished CDs for the first time on Wednesday and it was really fun.  They have asked me to do four more stories in the next few months.  Yay for fun and creative stuff to do!

13 comments on "What’s the buzz? Tell me whatsa happenin’"

..al on September 25, 2009 at 2:28 AM said...

I am so glad that the cyst is not back!!

I know the feeling, but procrastination is not sexy!!!

Hey you are totally sizzling on the creative front!

The captcha I got for this comment is : pregio.....pregnant you!

Anonymous said...

This cycle is sounding good!!!

none on September 25, 2009 at 4:58 AM said...

Don't you just luv stimmin'? Sounds like you're doing great and will see a bunch of sweet follies tomorrow. Keep it up, babe!

JJ on September 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM said...

Oh sooooo glad to hear the cyst has stayed AWAY!

K on September 25, 2009 at 10:36 AM said...

Been waiting for this update! I am so excited for you. Holy cow...you must have the ovaries of a 20 year old! Yeah, the menopur always stings me for some reason. Was trying to calculate what stim day you are on. Must be day 4? And that is just awesome the cyst is gone. Like I said before, don't know what the hell is in the water around here.

Maybe the creative stuff can distract you a bit for awhile. Hmmm...might be a good thing for the 2ww too!

Oh, and BTW...took some of your techie Tuesday advice from awhile back. While I was down south, DH took the puter in and had a tune up and and entire duplicate of the hard drive made (which we put in the safe.)

One Who Understands on September 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM said...

So happy that dumb cyst is dead!! You will be at ET in no time! Praying for good, healthy, mature eggs!

jill on September 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM said...

Yay for the cyst not coming back!! Just curious, how can they tell the difference between follicles and cysts anyway? Is it just the size discrepancy?

Sunny on September 25, 2009 at 11:38 AM said...

Oooh, good question Jill. Inquiring minds want to know.

Hooray for the lack of cysts!! Sorry about the black and blue... but I'm thrilled that everything is moving along smoothly. :D

Hey, guess what I'll be doing this weekend? Watching my VERY OWN COPY of Wallace and Gromit "A Matter of Loaf and Death." It finally arrived in the mail this week. It makes me think of you because I first heard they were coming out with a new W&G in your post from months back. I'm so excited. :)

Pie on September 25, 2009 at 1:54 PM said...

Yay for no cysts and bigger YAY for all of those follies cropping up! We are on a very similar protocol, and I totally agree about that wacky menopur. Sometimes it hurts like hell, other times I think I am a whiny bitch because it doesn't hurt at all. Go figure. Good luck at tomorrow's monitoring appointment!

Ann on September 25, 2009 at 6:53 PM said...

*Clapping* Yay ovaries! Grow, grow, grow follies! I like the sound of this cycle already! Sending lots of good vibes your way.

As for being able to work or do projects during these cycles...it's the hardest. Hang in there and enjoy this ride!

Photogrl on September 26, 2009 at 2:27 PM said...

Yay for the cyst deflating!

Fingers crossed for an excellent cycle!

Mad Hatter on September 26, 2009 at 10:24 PM said...

Sooooo glad that cyst is gone! How did the cycle monitoring appointment go? Your work with the Japanese books sounds fascinating, by the way! Thinking of you...
Love,
Maddy

Dirk on September 27, 2009 at 11:41 AM said...

Nice to hear your cycle is going well. The books sound interesting. I'd like to see the results.

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez