I have a comment…fluck


I went in this morning for my suppression check.  I finished the last of my 9 days of birth control pills on Sunday morning and this was The Big Day…and…we found another cyst.  It is borderline in size and may be on its way out.  I told DocO and the nurse I was feeling pains and pangs on my right side for several days about 2-3 days ago but things have quieted down for the most part.  Those pains have gone away, but there was still a cyst on the ultrasound.  I asked, “it’s on the right side, correct?”  Nurse Sara was surprised and said, “That’s right.  You’re just like the princess and the pea, aren’t you?”  “Yeah, I am by now” I told her.  It’s funny how much this ride can make you in tune with your insides.

So I’m a great IVF patient on paper.  My lab results came back great…again.  I am well suppressed, the cyst doesn’t seem to be causing an estrogen spike.  My E2 is at a nice low 37.  My FSH is 8.1.  I have 10-15 follicles on each ovary (yeah, we’re talking like 20-30 eggs percolating in there gals).  There is so much to raise my hopes, so many good things that hint at a great start, but here come the cysts in to make my princess bed all lumpy and uncomfortable.  <sigh>

So here’s the current plan, I took another birth control pill today and will do so for 2 more days.  I am supposed to go back on Wednesday for another ultrasound, and hopefully the cyst will measure smaller and we can get this show on the road.  If it is unchanged or bigger..well I dunno.  I guess I’ll have to lay on that bed after I make it.  Peas and all.

I was reading and commenting today and I got a word verification that summed up my thoughts on this exactly…

fluck

Yes ladies and germs…fluck, which could mean what we think of first or the optimist in me says it can be a compound word for follicle and luck, which is exactly what I need right now.

18 comments on "I have a comment…fluck"

'Murgdan' on September 15, 2009 at 2:22 AM said...

Ahahahahha...fluck. Love it. Thinking cyst-shrinking thoughts for you right now...

Mad Hatter on September 15, 2009 at 3:55 AM said...

Best of fluck yo you, my dear, that the cyst shrinks and you can harvest those gorgeous eggs!!! Congrats on the awesome numbers!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, good fluck and I hope that they cyst is shrinking as I type. Great estrogen number!!!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle on September 15, 2009 at 5:41 AM said...

I love it..."fluck!" Hope that cyst goes away and isn't a trouble maker!

jill on September 15, 2009 at 6:11 AM said...

Hoping the cyst is smaller at your next appt!!

(and wishing you lots of fluck ;))

FET Accompli on September 15, 2009 at 6:21 AM said...

I also find those word verifications to be uncanny sometimes...

Those are fantastic numbers - let's shrink that cyst into oblivion!!

..al on September 15, 2009 at 6:23 AM said...

LOLOLOL...Wishing you a lot of fluck!!!

Alas, I am still a zombie as far as feeling the delicate insides are concerned....I never feel a thing when I ovulate!

Shrink Cyst Shrink!

Mrs. Gamgee on September 15, 2009 at 6:30 AM said...

*giggles* Lots of fluck to you!

Now if I may have a word with your ovaries?

Ok little ovaries, listen up! It's time to get your poop in a group. Enough of this cyst stuff! We want a bunch of nice healthy follies and that's your job! Send that cyst packing and get to work!

I hope they listen!

Kate on September 15, 2009 at 8:53 AM said...

Good luck to you, FLUCK, its about FLUCKING TIME! :)

K on September 15, 2009 at 10:27 AM said...

OMG. ROFLMAO. What a great word. I like your version of it, even better.

But seriously...having JUST been there and done that, I am pulling for that little cyst to dwindle. Everything else looks SOOOO good. There musta been something in the water in the pac NW that we all drank this month. Sigh.....
Sitting tight for you. :)

Kate on September 15, 2009 at 11:37 AM said...

Holy follicles batman!

Amazing (seriously now) counts and your hormone levels are dreamy
and dang cyst.
fluck indeed!

Ok, tomorrow you'll have a smaller cyst and be moving forward. I am keeping my everythings crossed for you.
xox
Kate

Sunny on September 15, 2009 at 12:08 PM said...

ARG! Curses on the cyst. I was just thinking of you this morning and hoping for an update... I just wish it would have been 100% good news. SHRINK, CYST, SHRINK!

none on September 15, 2009 at 2:47 PM said...

I'm sure you're right and the stupid cyst is shrinking down as we speak. Good riddance!

Kate on September 15, 2009 at 5:12 PM said...

Well, hope your cyst behaves the way mine did on my successful cycle. I think I had 3-4 cysts between 13-20mm when I had my baseline scan. My E2 barely rose (lots of stress) and they slowly shrunk over the next couple weeks. May your darn cyst start to shrink mighty soon!

Kate on September 16, 2009 at 7:26 AM said...

thinking of you
and HOPING

XO
kate

Beautiful Mess on September 16, 2009 at 10:52 AM said...

lol @ fluck! Sounds about right to me!
*HUGS*

Phoebe on September 16, 2009 at 11:00 AM said...

I hope things are better in a couple of days and the cyst is gone! Your numbers are great and should be a source of hope for you!

Clare on September 16, 2009 at 3:31 PM said...

Fluck - just added it to my vocabulary. Wishing you much much luck for this cycle. Hugs from one IF sista to another.

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez