High aspirations


Sorry I am writing so late.  I swear I am not doing this to build for dramatic tension.  I went in this morning for my blood work and follicle ultra sound and…

flucking
cyst
was
bigger

That’s right folks.  Now that I took a couple of extra days of birth control pills it has made the cyst a tiny bit bigger, by about a millimeter.  Nice huh?   DocO said that they would need to get the labs back and discuss options in their noon meeting.  They said that they would call and let us know whether they recommend delaying or aspirating the cyst.   I waited forever, then fell asleep on the couch when the phone rang at 4:15 p.m.  It was MrBeep wanting to know what the plan was.  I called the RE office and talked to Katie (I was next to call on her list, grumble grumble).  My E2 is even better (staying nice and low).  The plan is that I am going in tomorrow for a cyst aspiration about noon.  It is similar in prep to an egg retrieval and I have to get IV’ed and doped up a bit.  MrBeep will need to drive me home and be there in case I have any bad reactions to the medicine. 

After the aspiration, the plan is for me to start injecting micro-dose lupron starting on Sunday.  Finally, FINALLY I get to do something. 

There is so much going on right now.  mekate is going for egg retrieval tomorrow, K was retrieved today and should get her egg/fert report soon, Megan is holding out for a day 5 transfer hopefully on Friday, Pie is starting MDL a couple of days ahead of me (cycle buddy!), The Infertile Breeder (my friend from resolve boards) just got back a good 2nd beta after a first one that was a little scary.  Mad Hatter has given the finger to doctors who didn’t believe in the power of her ovaries and ovulated on her own.  She is currently in the 2WW.

Sprogblogger got heartbreaking news today, Shannon is remembering a sad anniversary, Sarah had devastating news this week too.  Please go give them all some support and love.

The universe is expanding, galaxies are spinning.  We are all along for the ride.  Love and hugs and magic sending out on the night’s wind and through the Seattle rain to you all.

9 comments on "High aspirations"

jill on September 16, 2009 at 9:19 PM said...

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that :( Wishing you lots of luck with the aspiration tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you.

Mad Hatter on September 17, 2009 at 4:13 AM said...

I am so sorry to hear the cyst has gotten bigger and that you have to go through the aspiration today. That said, I am glad they are taking action and saving this cycle and I'll be thinking of you and hoping all goes well. Thank you for the kind mention - I LOVE your final paragraph! So touching and truly beautifully written!
Love,
Maddy

Shannon on September 17, 2009 at 6:16 AM said...

Dang effing cyst...doesn't it realize its screwing things up in a perfect cycle!?!

Hope the aspiration goes well...thinking of you! And thanks for thinking of me :)

none on September 17, 2009 at 6:19 AM said...

Oh, that blows! Glad to hear that you're going the aggresive route this time. Enjoy some quality time on the couch! Lupron will come soon enough, my dear.

Pie on September 17, 2009 at 7:07 AM said...

Thanks for the shout-out, cycle buddy!

I hope you are already recovering comfortably after an uneventful aspiration. Get rid of that dang thing once and for all, and come with me on the MDL trail.

FET Accompli on September 17, 2009 at 9:00 AM said...

Ugh, that sucks about the cyst - I am glad that they are nonetheless moving forward. I had a cyst aspirated before my egg retrieval, and it went well.

I also loved your post - how you updated us on what some other bloggers are going through, so that we can show our support and stand together.

K on September 17, 2009 at 10:59 AM said...

Well I said, ah shit first, when I read about the cyst. But then I said, well...that should work! (They actually ended up aspirating my cyst yesterday during my retrieval, I found out later).
So more happy thoughts for you! Yay! Thanks for the shout...I'll update later.

Clare on September 17, 2009 at 3:38 PM said...

Hope that everything goes well with the aspiration! Will be thinking of you. Lots and lots of hugs.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on the blogs for awhile but I was sorry to just read about your cyst. I know what you mean though about moving forward - I hope this goes well for you.

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez