Whoopsie x 3


#1 - I fell sleep on the couch yesterday and woke up startled when the phone rang. I knocked over an entire 16 oz glass of water onto my laptop. The keyboard and trackpad aren't working so far. I'll give it another couple of days to dry out. I won't be able to comment on blogs, but I may be able to read them via my palm pre. (I am writing this on my phone.)

#2 - I shouldn't have posted so soon about no spotting or cramps because it came back on Monday. I feel much better today but am once again on the couch resting for most of the day.

#3 - Flunked my diabetes test, so now I have GD. I'm pretty pissed off about it, but given the fact that I have a family history of Type 2 on both sides of the family AND I have twins (2 placentas = twice the hormones) I am not surprised.

Sorry I won't be able to keep up on commenting for a while. Hope I have hit my whoopsie limit for the week. ;-)

12 comments on "Whoopsie x 3"

jill on March 16, 2010 at 1:52 PM said...

Oh no x 3!! Yuck yuck yuck. I hope your laptop recovers - I've had some close calls with mine. haha Glad you're feeling better but I'm still willing the spotting and cramps to stay the heck away! So sorry about the GD, that really stinks. I have fam history of type 2 on both sides too and it's a big fear of mine if I ever get pregnant. I wish you luck with the diet!

Sunny on March 16, 2010 at 2:00 PM said...

Crapola x 3!! Sorry about the keyboard. :P My friend just did the same thing, and her computer was fine in two days. Hoping the same for you.

Wishing away those cramps and spotting. Glad you are resting, that's exactly the right thing to do. Keep us posted as you can!

Obviously I feel your pain on the GD. We are pregnant with twins for goodness sakes... we deserve to eat our way through Ben and Jerry's entire collection! But you will feel good, your babies will get tons of awesome nutrients, and you will look totally hot when you deliver.

Good luck, thinking of you, and keep up the good work!!

K on March 16, 2010 at 2:39 PM said...

Sorry about the three :(

I can relate to you on the GD front- its not so bad once you get used to it..... I just discovered South beach diet bars that are soooo yummy and help replace the dessert craving. I hope you are able to manage it well sans insulin shots but either way its temporary so hopefully this too shall pass!

Suzy on March 16, 2010 at 4:05 PM said...

Oh noes! Hope your laptop is working again soon..I would die without my computer (drama queen?? yes I am)
xx

Mrs. Gamgee on March 16, 2010 at 9:33 PM said...

Oy Vey... sounds like a crummy day. Here's hoping the laptop recovers quickly.

Sending prayers about the GD and spotting and cramping.

Hang in there girl!

..al on March 17, 2010 at 3:34 AM said...

Never mind the no commenting!

I hope no more whoopsies for you at all...that's a direct order to MrGod.

Composing long messages/ posts is such a pain, especially if it has to be done on the phone keypad. I would dare doing tweets, but I would not be able to thrash out a whole essay on the phone.

I hope for no more spotting / cramps. Take it easy, okay?

GD...Sunny (of Sunny in Seattle) too flunked her diabetes test, and she is expecting twins as well. Maybe you guys can compare notes...she had done a wonderful post on her diet chart.

Stay well.

Kate on March 18, 2010 at 7:27 AM said...

well gosh darn on the laptop flood but more so on the spotting/cramping. Gosh darn.

VERY sorry about the GD GD.... that sucks rocks. B of no news found that a 10 minute walk after eating brought her numbers back to normal-- but, of course, she was not on bed rest.

So-- dang.
and
sending love
kate

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sucks! I hope your laptop is back up soon and any spotting stops - right now!!

Anonymous said...

Gah - sorry about the x3 - hope the GD is easy to control with diet.

Kate on March 20, 2010 at 2:05 PM said...

I know,. I know, it's only been three days, but, are you ok??

sending love from snow covered but so very sunny and beautiful new hampshire.

xoxox
Kate

K on March 23, 2010 at 10:35 AM said...

Hi....just checking up on you. I know you're having computer problems. But looking at your ticker, I see you've got just about a week to go to that magic number!!! YAY!! So happy for you...and it will feel good to crawl out from under that rock. :)

Beautiful Mess on March 23, 2010 at 1:10 PM said...

OOOOOHHHH NOOOO!!!! I hope your laptop dries out! I hope more that the cramping and bleeding goes away! Sorry love! Sending you lots "whoopsie" free vibes ;o)
*HUGS*

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez