26 - A hard won week


I had a rough week. Thanks to everyone who kindly checked on me. Thursday morning started off with another big bleeding episode and contractons that sent me back to Labor and Delivery. I was checked on my by ObDoc and DrGav. The babies heartbeats were good, they were wiggling and jiggling about with all of the excitement and whatnot going on outside. It was decided after consulting ultrasound that the placenta previa was definiately still around and between its moving and bleeding another big clot had formed. When enough backed up, my uterus contracted hard to expel this unwanted material. I had felt achy and had a minor amount of spotting the two days before, so now I know what to look for if it happens again. This is possible as there are new clots that form and I still spot and the previa isn't gone.

Did I mention how much this sucks?

I was admitted to the hospital for observation and to receive steriod shots for the babies' lungs. We were at a critical stage, 25w6d so no one wanted to take any chances. The shots were administered and my bleeding mostly disappeared within the day. I only live 2.4 miles from my hospital, so we all decided I would be fine resting and recovering at home.

My laptop has not yet been recovered, I may not be able to fix it. This setback takes away a huge amount of my coping skills. I can't reach out to the ALI community easily (I have been able to keep up a little on my cell phone's web browser), I can't play computer games to pass the time, I can't research baby items or medical things, I can't use netflix watch instantly. I've been reading a little and doing puzzles to occupy my mind and pass the time. I watch minutes and hours and days tick by. My next big goal is 28 weeks, only 10 days to go on my countdown.

Since we know how important the next couple of months are, we decided that I needed someone with me. My MIL and FIL have stepped up for babysitting me on Mon/Wed/Fri, my friend Mike is being paid for babysitting me on Tues/Thursday. MrBeep takes care of me in the mornings, evenings and weekends. I am so lucky to have all this support. I really appreciate everyone' s care and help. Having the company of others during the day is also so very wonderful after so many months of being relatively isolated. The last few days have flown by.

I had my checkups at the ObDoc and MFM today. Everything is looking about the same, holding steady. The babies are looking bigger, but I won't get new measurements for a few more weeks. I got a couple of really great 3D images of their faces today that made my heart melt. Another thing that really helped me make it through this hell week was when I was lying on my side one day with my hand on the edge of my belly near my hip. I felt Wiggles (Baby A) raise her hand and drag it along my hand. The touch was so distinct and delicate. It just melted my heart. So many of the things they do now, what sounds they react to, make me just want so very much to get to know them.

And now for things that made me happy this week. Getting to week 26! Also I am overjoyed at mekate's great ultrasound and heartbeat at 8 weeks, MrsG has gotten a BFP and is working on a halfling of her very own, Sprogblogger has reached the 2nd trimester, Mo has had an excellent number of blasts to test, K at Invitro Veritas has made it to 28+ weeks and is describing her current situation as "boring", Sunny has made it through more than 10 weeks of bedrest and is up and about at more than 36 weeks with her twin boys, and finally Kate at Impatiently Waiting had her gorgeous little girl.

22 comments on "26 - A hard won week"

..al on March 24, 2010 at 12:11 AM said...

That episode was so scary!

I am happy that you will have constant company these remaining days, so that any contingency can be quickly taken care of.

You know what? I pray that it is much much much more than the 28 weeks....

I hope your laptop is restored to normalcy and you can get some effective diversions soon.

Good Luck!

And yes, there does seem to be a flurry of good news in the bloggynook.

Clare on March 24, 2010 at 1:15 AM said...

So very glad that so many people are there to take care of you. You will come out of this triumphantly I'm sure. I think it's really smart to break down your goals into bite-size chunks. Once you get past these 10 days and on to 28 weeks, your next goal can be 30 weeks and before you know it you'll be closer to 36 weeks then you ever imagined!

Your hand feeling baby's hand through your tummy brought many many tears of happiness and awesomeness to my eyes. Sending big hugs and loads of love for you all.

sprogblogger on March 24, 2010 at 5:03 AM said...

Oh yikes! Too damned scary. Glad the crisis point is over, and really hoping that you don't have another crisis point. And 26 weeks is a good milestone to hit - here's to 36 weeks, hesitant though I am to wish 10 weeks of bedrest on anyone, I'm quite sure you wouldn't mind. Thinking of you.

Sunny on March 24, 2010 at 6:29 AM said...

Oh MAN girl... I am so sorry this week was "hard won" (that's putting it nicely). These twin pregnancies just can't be easy on us, can they? But you are doing an AMAZING job. So glad you have help now, that has made all the difference for me. It has to be a team effort sometimes! Our babies are lucky, and we are lucky too. Hang in there.

And *wince* at the computer... that would be an extra form of torture when you are bedresting. Hope it's fixed/replaced/whatever very soon!

Sending extra hugs your way.

jill on March 24, 2010 at 6:34 AM said...

Happy 26 weeks! Every bit you can get, right? Every week is a celebration :)

Sending lots of *hugs*. I'm sorry you have had to endure this. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it is. So glad you have so much support and have people scheduled to "babysit" (haha) you. Not being alone should make the time pass more quickly. If I lived near you I would totally volunteer for a time slot! :)

Kate on March 24, 2010 at 6:36 AM said...

Oh sweetie pie,
holy crap all around-- glad you are ok and how scary scary scary this all is.
Happy 26th week, and 10 more days I will count along with you
and
I want you to catch a big wonderful break here, damn previa and gratuitous bleeding.

thinking of you nearly fully time, and hoping for the good kind of simplicity.
and
a fixed laptop.

with big big love,
Kate

K on March 24, 2010 at 6:49 AM said...

***hugs***

I'm so sorry. I was hoping no news from you was good news. This must be so stressful.... and no computer? I shudder to think. Can you buy a cheapie PC laptop? I got mine for about #350 to tide you over? I mean, you are stuck at home and hae such few options it sounds like another laptop is a need, not a want at this point.

thinking of you and your little girls.

Pie on March 24, 2010 at 7:11 AM said...

Geez, another scary episode. I hope that is the last until at least 35 weeks!

I totally get feeling lost without your laptop - the cell phone thing is not the same. I am so glad you have people to stay with you - that's important.

You are doing so well! Remember that!

G$ on March 24, 2010 at 7:26 AM said...

Ahh such a nice milestone, even if it was riddle with a ton (TON!) of stress. Goodness, I hope things settle down a bit. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Kate on March 24, 2010 at 7:51 AM said...

I sure wish things would settle down for you so you can stop being scred all the time and just enjoy your pregnancy. Sounds lik you're doing well, considering.
I'd have died without my laptop while lying around at home. If yours truly is dead, can you get a cheap one to tide you over? Or maybe a friend has a spare?
10 days to 28 weeks is doabe, and that's a huge huge milestone.
Keep us posted! It will all be worth it in the end.

Mrs. Gamgee on March 24, 2010 at 8:12 AM said...

Yikes! I am so sorry that this week has been so scary and challenging. You have been so brave through all of this... I would be a blubbering mess.

I'm glad that you have some company these days. If you need any book recommendations let me know! :)

K on March 24, 2010 at 9:22 AM said...

OMG. You've had more than your share of shit. At least the girls are doing well. I am sorry you've been alone so much. I wish I could come vist you...but at least you have some company now. I have this feeling (I don't know why) that through all this crap, things are still going to go really well for you. That you're not going to have those girls too early and this previa will not get worse.
So the laptop thing. Do you have an alternate option? I might be able to come with an extra one if you want to borrow. Let me know. One day at a time...you'll make it.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are okay - how scary - but you sound amazing and you are a rock star.

Thinking of you

Photogrl on March 24, 2010 at 11:28 AM said...

Praying that you can catch your breath and have MANY uneventful weeks ahead of you!

Keiko Zoll on March 24, 2010 at 12:12 PM said...

How wonderful to be surrounded by so much support :) Just so you know, I have a blog award for you over at my place - check it out! :)

..Soo.See.. on March 24, 2010 at 1:07 PM said...

Oh how scary!! hope these 10 days go by quick, and you make it to to 28 weeks, and then to 30 and then 32 and so on!!! So glad someone will be w/ you - bedrest alone is tough! And w/ no laptop can be longer! Hope it gets repaired soon! Oh and your belly pic and u/s pics are so cute!!

Ann on March 24, 2010 at 6:29 PM said...

Love to you and the twins. You're going to go all the way. I just know it.

none on March 24, 2010 at 7:04 PM said...

Ay caramba! I hope things settle down soon. The monsters need a few weeks of peace and quiet before they come out swingin'! ((HUGS))

Liv on March 25, 2010 at 9:11 AM said...

Hiya Darlin',

I'm sorry I've been MIA. This is the first time I've been able to read up on my blog friends since before James was born. But know that we have been praying for you Traci. I love reading about how you felt one of the babies move. I think about you often and aways pray that the whole family is doing well. I wish for strength for you and Mr. Beep to continue the routine you have. I can only imagine how challenging it must be. May the babies continue to do well!

I love ya girlie and hope to hear more from you soon.

kimbosue on March 25, 2010 at 11:35 AM said...

Glad things are slowing down for you and may the countdown begin!

Congrats to all your bloggy friends and their good news too!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle on March 26, 2010 at 9:52 AM said...

Yay for making it to 26 weeks!

Hang in there!

Rotten on March 26, 2010 at 8:30 PM said...

Don't you just love when they start to react to you!! It makes all that laying around and being careful to keep them safe so worth it. I think she was saying thank you. :) Hang in there.

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez