Countoff Day 6 & 5 – Screaming Days


Day 6 anecdote:  Officially, day 6 started with my nurse giving me IV antibiotics at around 1:00 am.  She was a really nice lady and we chatted for a while until it was time for the medicine and bags to be removed.  It took me another hour or so to finally drift off to sleep, around 2:00 am.  I awoke suddenly out of a deep sleep by the sound of a woman yelling the most horrible gut wrenching scream I have ever heard in my entire life.  No kidding.  NO.  I mean really.  The stuff in the best horror movie was a mere squeak compared to this sound.  It lasted for about 30 very long seconds.  Since I had been awaken from a deep REM sleep, I was immediately disoriented and confused.  I didn’t realize where I was (Oh yeah, I’m still in the hospital), what was going on, why was a woman screaming and then I remembered that I AM in the Labor and Delivery section of the hospital.  The grrl monsters were also woken by the scream and started squirming around, kinda like “Holy shit Mom, what was THAT?!?” About 5 minutes after I heard the scream, I heard the sound of a cheap $5 china town gong.  I lay there in the dark hospital room and was genuinely happy for her.  It took another hour or so to get back to sleep.  My nerves were a bit frazzled, the babies took a while to settle down and honestly it is hard to ignore the impulse to go to the aid of someone who just yelled like that.  The idea of a c-section suddenly didn’t seem so bad after all.  I mean I know that they hurt for a longer amount of time, but I doubt I’d be making any scream like THAT.

Day 5 was mostly a day to catch up on sleep, snuggle up with MrBeep and take it easy at home.  We did spend many great hours watching the 2010 Olympics Canada vs. USA hockey gold medal finals game.  MrBeep was a hockey player in college and post-grad (go mighty beavers).  We enjoy watching games.  We invited his Dad to come over and we all had a blast.  When the US finally made their first goal we all screamed “YEAH!” and twin B "aka “Pip” started to squirm along.  When the second goal with 24 seconds left in the game happened, there were more screams of excitement.  The Canadian team did a fabulous job and honestly played a superior game, well deserving of a gold medal.  It’s cool that they also did it at their home country Olympic games.  Congrats to all my Canadian buddies!  Oh and remember my Photo challenge pic?

WhatIsIt

As a tribute to the truly awesome 2010 Olympics held in one of my favorite cities, Vancouver BC Canada.  It is actually a macro lens photo of my night light, a gorgeous bronzed maple leaf.

LightOff

LightOn

A last big scream for day 5 gone and for my bloggidy pals from up north.  WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  CANADA ROCKS!

11 comments on "Countoff Day 6 & 5 – Screaming Days"

Kate on March 1, 2010 at 5:44 AM said...

Can't believe I was right - that's a gorgeous night light!
So glad you're home and doing well. Not long till the magical 24 weeks and a little happy dance.

Anonymous said...

Gah - even though I was not there, that scream sent shivers down my back this morning! Yay for making it through more days - I hope there are many, many more in front of you!

Sunny on March 1, 2010 at 8:08 AM said...

I never screamed during my 24 hour labor or 3 hours of pushing... although I had faaaaaahbulous drugs on my side. Perhaps I should have screamed, now that I think about it, because the pushing didn't work and I ended up with the C-section. *shrug* Either way, you will rock that whole birth thing, no worries. :)

DH was telling me that the Canadians weren't being very good sports about the whole hockey thing. They hate American hockey so much that they rooted against us the entire series, including cheering for China to beat us. That kinda makes me sad, I've always liked Canadians!

Brooke on March 1, 2010 at 8:50 AM said...

One of my college roommates had night terrors, and I am pretty sure I was the one who was most terrified. She stayed asleep during her screams! LOL.

Glad you are doing well! Here's to many, many more days to come!

Oh, and that night light is beautiful! Want one!

Photogrl on March 1, 2010 at 9:33 AM said...

Yay for another 2 days to cross off the calendar!

I would have never thought a nightlight....it's so pretty!

Jem on March 1, 2010 at 10:36 AM said...

Where can I get a night light like that? Beautiful

jill on March 1, 2010 at 12:55 PM said...

That nightlight is beautiful! I love it!

Wow, a scream like that would be very unsettling. No wonder you were disoriented when you woke up to that!

4 days to go! :)

Mad Hatter on March 1, 2010 at 1:46 PM said...

I love your pictures - gorgeous! I also love your description of the screaming and how it effected you and your grrrl monsters (although I'm sure it was terrifying!). What was the gong? Is that the sound the baby makes when it finally pops out and no one told me? ;-)
And yes, yay Canucks!!! (and kudos to the U.S. Team for giving us a run for our money!)
Love,
Maddy

G$ on March 1, 2010 at 3:23 PM said...

Glad you are doing well and the babies are fine! And you are released home :)

Beautiful Mess on March 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM said...

oh wow! That sounds like a very unfun way to wake up. YUCK!

That hockey game was INCREDIBLE! Our house was very noisy and Twitter was going NUTS!

Take it easy, love.
*HUGS*

one-hit_wonder on March 4, 2010 at 6:51 PM said...

yes, after going through labour, the c-section (as brutal as it was) felt like nothing in comparison. lol but it truly is different for everybody - my experience was out of the ordinary.

gorgeous maple leaf and it was a great game! :)

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez