Countoff Day 9 –Dr Appts & Photo Challenge


Good news!  I went to both DrGav and my ObDoc today.  First the Peri/MFM appointment:  The cervix check shows all is looking great, staying a steady 3.5 cm and the cerclage is still looking good.  Both grrl monsters had good heart rates and bloodflow.  I have been taken off my medication and don’t need to come back for 2 weeks (where I will get my 24 week growth ultrasound).  His take on my Friday achiness and spotting is that it is nothing to be worried about.  Then I went to my ObDoc  for a routine check.  Blood pressure, pee in a cup, weight check , and doppler.  Wiggles kicked the doppler when the nurse was trying to get a reading.  We both laughed.  My awesome ObDoc arrived all smiles. I got an internal pelvic exam **YOWCH!** where she proclaimed things seemed long and were holding well.  When I told her about my Friday scare she was a little more concerned.  She told me if I begin to feel uncomfortable to lay down on my left side, drink some water and take things easy.  If things don’t seem to get better after an hour to call them.  She said that the next 7 weeks were really critical and she’d rather know that I am resting easily at home with some liberties rather than being a “long term guest” at the hospital.  I completely agree.  All in all very good results, maybe I spooked myself a bit, but I’d rather be cautious than sorry.  It is just another thing that will really help me make it through the rest of my countdown.

And now for something completely different…I had an idea for this week’s Photo Challenge, so I pulled out my fab macro lens. 

Photo Challenge this week's theme: WHAT IS IT?

WhatIsIt

Take a guess about what this photograph is.  To see a larger version, click on the pic.  My only hint is that it is more than what you think at first glance. I'll post the answer Friday with the other folks who took the challenge. I’m horrible at guessing but found it a fun little inspiration for photography.  Rotten – why aren’t you getting into the challenge!  C’mon!

(The Photo Challenge aims to allow creative ways to explore a weekly theme through photography).  The Weekly Photo Challenge is brought to you by The Steadfast Warrior (aka Lindsay) who also gave me this advice for dealing with my fears:

The reality is, you've got a lot going on and it's okay to be scared, hell if you weren't terrified a little, I'd think you were in denial. The only advice I have is to take solace in the movements and the special moments that come up.

She also said a little extra to warm my heart and offered a present to dry my eyes:

You are a lovely and strong woman. You and the Monsters WILL be okay. I can keep repeating it if you like? ;) (HUGS) to you, since sometimes that is what we need the most. I've left a little present for you at my blog…

Her gift was an absolutely stunning photograph taken from her balcony in beautiful Vancouver, BC.  You have to go over and see it.  I saved it as my desktop wallpaper for this 10 day countdown.  Every time my computer boots up I see it and smile.  Lindsay has a little girl, born just a little while ago, she is taking things one day at a time and writes with such honesty that I feel truly privileged to read and support her.  Thanks so much Lindsay.

I ended my Day 9 with “Weekly Series Night” – a special evening MrBeep and I spend with friends watching though a TV series together.  We finished watching The Venture Brothers – Season 3.  It was also really fun to have some company, laugh and joke around.  I love counting off a great day.

11 comments on "Countoff Day 9 –Dr Appts & Photo Challenge"

Anonymous said...

So glad that your appointment went well! Your cervix sounds like a champ!!!

Pie on February 25, 2010 at 7:02 AM said...

Not a leaf? A wet, brown leaf? Hmmmmm....a lizard? An ice cream cone? A mutant turtle? Hmmmm....

I'm so glad everything went well at the appointments, it sounds like you are doing a great job baking those monsters. Keep up the good work!

kimbosue on February 25, 2010 at 7:23 AM said...

Glad the check went well....yeah the further along you are, the more those internals hurt. EEK!

Grow Grrls, GROW!

I think it's a leaf that's been gold leafed. I know that seems like an obvious answer, but I got no creativity today.

Barefoot on February 25, 2010 at 8:21 AM said...

Yay for your cervix! I'm glad you got some reassurance about your Friday scare. Sorry about the internal...I really don't miss those.

jill on February 25, 2010 at 8:40 AM said...

Glad to hear everything looks good!

Is the pic of a leaf shaped piece of jewelry? Like a necklace pendant?

Kate on February 25, 2010 at 9:24 AM said...

Fantastic news. 3.5cm is great - just where you should be at this stage.
I'm thinking it's a piece of jewelry, like a bronzed leaf? Definitely looks leaf-like, but kind of metallic too, to me.

Sunny on February 25, 2010 at 9:47 AM said...

Wow - that measurement is EXCELLENT. I am so glad your doc went ahead with the cerc... it has to be better than complete bedrest for 7 weeks and counting, like I'm doing! And no meds either, I'm so jealous.

You are going to rock this pregnancy, girl. Hang in there!

Photogrl on February 25, 2010 at 11:47 AM said...

I'm SO glad to hear everything looks good!

As for your picture...is it a glass leaf? Whatever it is, I think it's beautiful!

Leah on February 25, 2010 at 12:20 PM said...

It's a gold dipped maple leaf Christmas tree ornament. I have an aspen leaf just like it and gave someof both a Christmas gifts!

one-hit_wonder on February 25, 2010 at 1:56 PM said...

thinking about you and the grrl monsters!

none on February 26, 2010 at 6:12 AM said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and more secure. "Cautious" sounds like a great plan. I hope the next few weeks are all shades of snug, comfortable, and relaxed, with a dash of super-excited!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez