2 Monster Scoops – The Big Reveal


HintIt has taken sooooooooo long to get all of the results from amnio, but I’ll explain about that later.  The most important thing is that they are both healthy with no known issues.  I can’t express how relieved I am, how much of a heavy weight has held my heart down.  Now my heart is light and full of joy.

So now the Big Reveal…I posted a poll to see if you could guess the gender of the monsters. 

The poll question was: 
What flavor are the monsters?

A:   Strawberry (2 girls)
B:   Boysenberry (2 boys)
C:   A scoop of each (1 boy, 1 girl)

Did you guess correctly?
Can you tell from the photo?
Give up yet?

Yes, that my friends is two scoops of STRAWBERRY ice cream.  We are pregnant with two little girls, or as I call them “Grrrl Monsters”.

We had a great appointment at the MFM for my 20 week ultrasound.  They are measuring in the 70th percentile, way up from a month ago’s 40th percentile.  Their weight is estimated at 14 ounces. Here are the latest ultrasound pics

Wiggles Pip

For more good news, I have been taken off of bed rest!  The cervix is looking good and closed at about 3.1 cm. The previa continues to migrate away from the cervix but we aren’t done yet. I’ve had no cramping or bleeding or complications.  I am still advised to take it easy, but at least I can sit up, use a chair, cook dinner, run a couple of errands if I need to.  DrGav told me to use good judgment and try to stay off my feet as much as possible.  I go back again for another quick check in a week and then I may get to every other week afterwards. 

Bellymekate asked if there were going to be any belly shots.  I have decided to post, but I have to say that I am normally apple shaped and big breasted too.  As an added bonus these two have surely blossomed that into a OMG I’M HUGE! situation. 

Twin B “Pip” is currently laying sideways across the top and is and making the belly extra huge.  I am happy about this, but was a little shocked when I saw the photo myself. :-)

I’m just so happy right now because there is really a lot of great news this week with many of my bloggidy friends. 

Oh, and the strawberry ice cream?

The best I have ever ate.

OXXO to you all – Traci aka “IF Optimist”.

32 comments on "2 Monster Scoops – The Big Reveal"

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! They are gorgeous and so are you!!!!

So, so glad to hear that you are well and that your cervix is behaving - I hope it continues to do so for many, many weeks!

Shannon on February 11, 2010 at 4:51 AM said...

Yay for 2 baby girls...and healthy babies at that, that it the most important news!

You look fabulous!

Ann on February 11, 2010 at 5:02 AM said...

CONGRATS all around Traci! What a wonderful day indeed. You look mahvelous dahling...simply mahvelous. Big cyber hugs for you and MrBeep.

Kate on February 11, 2010 at 5:48 AM said...

You are too cute! Two strawberry scoops of ice cream, two different pink stripes in the shirt. Twin B is definitely riding high up under your ribs.
Those are amazing looking u/s pics of the girls too. Adorable profiles. Can't wait to see them in real life when they're born healthy and full term (of course).
Congrats!

Lisa on February 11, 2010 at 6:20 AM said...

Fantastic news. I'm so very happy for you!

Pie on February 11, 2010 at 6:29 AM said...

YAY!!!! Congrats! Is MrBeep ready to be surrounded by the ladies? He will soon be living in the House of Estrogen. :)

And you look great!

JJ on February 11, 2010 at 6:57 AM said...

Yay PINK! I think that was my guess? Love, love the pictures :)

kimbosue on February 11, 2010 at 6:58 AM said...

YAY for healthy babies.
YAY for 2 girls!
YAY for PINK!

Hope Daddy is ready!
You look so RFH in your pics! :-)

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle on February 11, 2010 at 7:54 AM said...

So exciting!!!! Glad to hear that all is well and you can resume some normal activities!

Congrats on your two scoops of strawberry ice cream!
xoxo

Mrs. Gamgee on February 11, 2010 at 7:56 AM said...

wooohooo! I am so very happy that all is well, that the bed rest order has been lifted, and that you had some fantastic strawberry ice cream ;)!

You look lovely and so do your daughters!

K on February 11, 2010 at 8:13 AM said...

What wonderful news! Two baby girls, the previa is getting better, you're off bed rest, the amnio was wonderful.

AND you got to eat strawberry icecream!

What more can anyone ask for? :)

Congrats! You look great!

Barefoot on February 11, 2010 at 8:41 AM said...

Congratulations on your two grrrl monsters! Prepare to be bombarded with pink!!

Photogrl on February 11, 2010 at 8:46 AM said...

Woo-hoo! Welcome to the world of pink!

I'm so happy that you've recieved such great news! Yay!

What a darling way to reveal the monsters to us...you look beautiful!

Brooke on February 11, 2010 at 10:53 AM said...

Congrats on two scoops of strawberry! And congrats on all the test results as well! What a relief. You look adorable in those pics - I love your hair, too!

K on February 11, 2010 at 10:56 AM said...

AHHHHHHHH YAAAAAAAAAAY! How exciting to finally know! And OMG, what a friggin relief on the amnio front. Your post was full of good news all the way around. I am SOOOO happy for you. And damn you do look good. Not a fan of strawberry ice cream, but that looks pretty good too! :)))

Clare on February 11, 2010 at 11:02 AM said...

I guessed wrong! But so so happy 2 girls!! Yay! You can all gang up on hubby now! Glad to hear all went well with amnio results and that you are moving around again - happy happy joy joy!!

P.S You look fabulous!

jill on February 11, 2010 at 11:41 AM said...

I think I guessed boy/girl so boo for being wrong but YAY! for two girls - that's so awesome! How exciting! You look wonderful btw (except... you have a little ice cream on your face ;) hehe). That was such a creative way to tell! *cheer*

One Who Understands on February 11, 2010 at 1:02 PM said...

yeah for girls!! I was totally wrong. I thought you would have one of each.I am so glad they are healthy girls.

Your belly shot is so cute! You should post them more often. Can you believe it is half way done?!? That seemed to go by so fast. (Well for me.) So happy for you Traci.

Kate on February 11, 2010 at 1:50 PM said...

YAY! Two girl monsters! and how cool is that??
great to hear all is well and that you are able to be up and around.

And- a belly pic for my birthday, whoo hooo!

Beautiful you! (Truly Traci, beautiful).

So very happy for you in every way.
I agree with Pie (great name anyway, heh)
House of Estrogen Indeed!

xoxxo
big love to you!
Kate

The Steadfast Warrior on February 11, 2010 at 1:57 PM said...

That is so exciting! So glad everything is looking good. Your grrl monsters are the loveliest sight! And so are you. You look great!

Rotten on February 11, 2010 at 2:53 PM said...

Speaking from the mom of a Grrrrrl... I am so excited for you!! YAY!!!!

christina said...

Yeah! congratulations! love the pictures, btw!

Anonymous said...

Great! That's so exciting. Congratulations!

Sunny on February 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM said...

YEEEEEEEE!! I am so excited for you. Two girls! How wonderful! Two little girlfriends for my boys, perfect. ;)

And wow, I am super impressed with your cervical measurement. That cerlage really did it's job, huh? But don't overdo it!!

Anonymous said...

I love it two scoops. Congratulations on your 2 princesses.

Jem on February 13, 2010 at 10:32 AM said...

Two girls? That's awesome! Love the belly pics. The icecream looks yummy. Strawberry was my favorite as a little girl.

Glad you are off bed rest. You must be so relieved.

..al on February 14, 2010 at 7:20 PM said...

Congratulations!!!!!

What a lovely duo you have in there...

What cheerful news! :-)

Enjoy!

(LOL, and I lost out in the poll, coz I had chosen 1B, 1G option)

Me on February 15, 2010 at 1:32 AM said...

You look great!

Cajun Cutie on February 16, 2010 at 1:12 AM said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats! Sisters are a wonderful thing. I am wishing you the best of luck and good wishes and you make it through your journey.

Two Kayaks on February 16, 2010 at 4:41 AM said...

Congratulations!! I delivered twins in August (boy/girl) and they are my greatest joy. There is so much for your to look forward to!!

G$ on February 16, 2010 at 6:57 AM said...

YAY!!! Grats!

Kate on February 20, 2010 at 3:24 PM said...

Sweet Traci,
I left an award for you on my blog that will post later tonight.

hope all is well!
XOOX
kate

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez