I h8 OV Peesticks. Sistahs, can I get an amen?


I just really, really hate OV predictor peesticks. I don't trust the digital ones because I need to see that little bit of pink getting darker and darker but it never seems to look like the example picture on the freaking box. The added bonus is since I took birth control pills for my delayed IVF cycle, I had "breakthrough bleeding" which is not exactly like a normal menstrual cycle and now I can't remember what should be the first day and so I have no idea whether today is day 11, 12, or 13. Why don't they work for me? Is it because I am old? Decrepid? Wrong brand? I even went out of my way to drink only a few glasses water instead of my ususal liter.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Thank goodness for other *ahem* bodily indicators or else I would be screwed. I'm thinking OV should happen in the next couple of days so it's time to enjoy the delights of GOF**. I am not smart like MeKate and didn't bother to check my basal body temp this month because well I was supposed to be monitored by doctors and taking complex drug regimes and IVFified and wah wah wah wee wee wee. Feh.

An extra special "you are so wonderful" to everyone who offered such nice comments and advice on my last post on waiting a month. I was upset and nervous. You all made me feel warm and among understanding friends. Thank you.

** happily and blatently stolen from the awesome Kvetch Board of IndieBride/IndieMom. I even posted an article on how to conjugate GOF as a verb. GOF = Goal Oriented Fucking (waaaayyyyyyy better than the disgustingly syrupy sweet term "babydance" which makes me shudder and gag any time I hear/read it.

12 comments on "I h8 OV Peesticks. Sistahs, can I get an amen?"

Rotten on August 17, 2009 at 9:07 PM said...

Thank you for introducing me to an awesome new phrase that I can't believe I haven't heard before. GOF is brilliant! And BTW, good luck with that!! :)

Mrs. Gamgee on August 17, 2009 at 10:30 PM said...

LOVE the GOF! Sooo much better than BD-ing.

And you are getting a huge Amen from me about the ov pee sticks. I only used them one cycle. I found myself waaaaaay too stressed when I was using them. (did I drink too much water? Is that line darker or am I imangining things? My bbt and cm say "now" but I still don't have a darker line? Argh!) I just go by bbt and the other physical signs.

M on August 18, 2009 at 3:51 AM said...

amen to that. i hate them too... but mostly because of the disappointmet factor. it's really not fun to fail a test 20 days in a row. have fun GOFing ;) haha

One Who Understands on August 18, 2009 at 7:50 AM said...

Um yes, Amen to this! I just don't get the OV sticks. When is dark dark enough. We used them a few cycles back before we knew about our MFI. Now they are no use to me.

Good luck with all of the GOF!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I had never heard the term GOF, but I love it! And I also hate OV peesticks - they never worked for me. Actually, any peesticks for that matter.

Sunny on August 18, 2009 at 8:27 AM said...

I always get strong O cramps, so I never used the predictor strips. They seemed to wacky and easy to misinterpret. Good luck with that. :)

GOF is much better than BDing. When I hear "babydancing," I always think of that virtual baby in the diaper that would dance around in a circle to "I can't stop this feeling" from that show about the really skinny lawyer who married Harrison Ford in real life (or at least had his baby, I think?).

..al on August 18, 2009 at 8:55 AM said...

I huv nuver yused dem. I troost my Lord, end da doktowr's whand.

jill on August 18, 2009 at 9:43 AM said...

A huge AMEN! from me too. Ugh I hate those things...

Kate on August 18, 2009 at 11:38 AM said...

AMEN
(If I could make this font huge I would)

LOVE (this font would be big too)

Kate

PS words I hate:
follies, embies, panties, babydust, baby dancing.. pretty sure I have more than one diagnosis going on here...

IF Optimist, then... on August 18, 2009 at 11:42 AM said...

Oh my god ladies! I am sitting here with tears streaming out of my eyes and tea dripping out of my nose. Wiseguy cracked my shit up! GOF Day 1 was absolutely fabulous - tingley toes and all. Thanks for the well wishes. I swear yesterday my ovaries "ached". Am I being crazy or sensitive? I dunno, but there it is.

K on August 18, 2009 at 4:02 PM said...

Amen.
And ROFLMAO, BTW. ;)

Phoebe on August 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM said...

AAAAMEN! Pee sticks are the work of the DEVIL!

Amen Sistah on the "babydance" thang. GOFing sounds much nicer, though is not possible for us. When we have sex, it's just for sex. Imagine that?! It's all very Zen.

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez