A great day


I had a great day! A friend stopped by who is 5 months pregnant. She got pregnant that normal way. You know the one. You've read out it. You have this thing called S-E-X and nine months later a baby comes.

Voila! Like magic.

Her pregnancy is going along great. No complications, no worries, no bedrest, no infections, no bleeding.

I am happy for her. It seems strange to sometimes see the world through normal eyes. She is understanding and compassionate about my situation, she talked about what we may be able to do together once her little boy comes along and it makes me begin to feel...

normal too.

That makes my heart lift a bit.

No more fretting, no more heart-wrenching worry, no more waiting for the other shoe to drop.

We went out for lunch, the girls and she and I. We were "ladies who lunch". The girls napped for the first 40 minutes or so and then they awoke and were interested in the bustle of the restaurant. About the time the check arrived, a little whine escaped from Viv and it was time to go. When we got home the girls had their lunch too, then we headed off for a coffee with another friend.

The girls were giggly and charming and things again begin to turn toward a fresh new life.

Yay.

A great day. Hope you are having one too.

Sending much love and hope to Jem at Ambivalent Womb whose little embies are baking away. Wishing and hoping and praying to the universe for her.

5 comments on "A great day"

Photogrl on January 18, 2011 at 9:10 AM said...

How nice to have a day out of the house and spent with friends!

I don't know about you, but it seems my twins are much better behaved outside our four walls than in ;)

Rotten on January 18, 2011 at 12:43 PM said...

So glad that you are getting into the swing of life again and enjoying things like lunch and coffee dates. :)

Jem on January 19, 2011 at 10:08 AM said...

Traci,

I came over to your blog to thank you for your comments and your suggestion to imagine myself driving over to the clinic and cooing a love song to embies has brought me so much peace.

And then I see your sweet message at the end of this post. I am so grateful and just a little teary right now!

one-hit_wonder on January 19, 2011 at 11:10 PM said...

Glad you're out and about, Miss Lady who Lunches! :)

One Who Understands on January 23, 2011 at 7:39 PM said...

I love that you are in this place of normalcy and happiness. I can't wait to join you in that place.

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez