Hello world v. 2.0


Where do I start after been away for so long? How can I possibly catch up with all of the crazy from day to day? What should I write about first?

I don't know.

I know this. I miss writing. I miss reading. I miss connecting with all of my bloggidy friends.

So here I am.

Sorry for being away for so long.

It has been wonderful and hectic and joyous and heart-breakingly sad at times.

Sounds a little like that thing...you know...what's it called again? Oh yeah.

Life.

I was without a laptop since about August 1st. I let my teenage niece use it while she was visiting and well, she discovered Fa.cebook. So yeah, I never saw the laptop again. ;-)

Truth be told, she was soooooo helpful and wonderful to have while trying to work a schedule out with the babies that MrBeep and I decided to give her my old laptop as a thank you gift when she left about three weeks later. She was a pretty happy 13 year old, let me tell you that.

So I finally broke down last week and bought a new fresh mac-daddy-of-a-wompum laptop. I bought a refurbished unit to save some money. It is very fast and sleek and best of all I can do all of my photography and video editing wherever I am. Since it is an intel-based processor, I can also load up Windows 7 on it and that will be superawesomepuss as well.

So it arrived a couple of days ago and voila since that time I have been reading blogs again and commenting and now, here I am posting an entry of my very own. It's like freaking magic.

I can write and read and research on the laptop even if the babies are sleeping away in their cribs and I am hooked up to the pump. By the way which is where they both are right now. Ahhhh sleepy bubs. And I am just a few feet away, sitting on my bed and pumping and writing and reading and I can't really explain just how happy and relieved that makes me feel.

Wanna know a truly embarrassing secret? Since getting my computer back, my milk supply has increased and my PPD has significantly lifted. Is that lame or what? I am truly that much of a computer nerd that I tie a load of happiness to electronic communication?

Well, it's the truth. My pumping volume doubled just about overnight and I haven't been a weepy mess in the last few days. So now that I am officially back and a new normal is starting to emerge, I'll just end by saying...

Hello world.

Again.

18 comments on "Hello world v. 2.0"

Kate on September 13, 2010 at 8:52 AM said...

Hello Beautiful You!
Welcome back!
Happy new laptop (sounds awesome!)

and never underestimate the power of community, even if it is this crazy internet based one-- I am so glad you're here.

I think that even real life support cannot equal what we find here, since here? FOLKS GET IT, all it. Celebrations, and lamentations-- there is no need to excuse or pretend, there is such relief in being able to Be.

Sending such big love to you as always,
xoxo
Kate

Kate on September 13, 2010 at 9:32 AM said...

Gret to see you again! Looking forward to more photos and details on your life.
Distraction helps my pump output too.

sprogblogger on September 13, 2010 at 9:34 AM said...

SO glad you're back and well and happy - can't wait to hear more about your life, and follow your journey through the wild and wacky world of parenthood.

JJ on September 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM said...

I swear, I was JUST thinking about you yesterday--so I was so glad to see your post this morning!

And its not lame at all. I am glad you being re-connected with computer time has helped--whatever works, in my opinion!!

One Who Understands on September 13, 2010 at 12:44 PM said...

Well hello there! I was thinking about you over the weekend wondering how you and Mr. Beep were doing with those adorable girl monsters. Glad life is beautiful!

Pie on September 13, 2010 at 1:59 PM said...

Hello right back at'cha!! Welcome back, you have been missed! I'm looking forward to hearing how you've been, and how the grrrls have been too.

Mad Hatter on September 13, 2010 at 9:05 PM said...

Hello hello to you, too! Welcome back! :-)
Love,
Maddy

FET Accompli on September 13, 2010 at 9:16 PM said...

Hello, hello! Missed you!!! Welcome back!

one-hit_wonder on September 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM said...

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about the PPD and super-glad that reconnection to the world has helped both that and the milk supply. Great! :)

I was offline for months after my babe was born and that depressed me to no end. I felt so isolated.

Anyway, hope the grrl monsters are great!

Anonymous said...

LOL I am sitting on a bed on vacation pumping with my laptop on my lap catching up it is good. ((HUGS))

Sunny on September 14, 2010 at 10:44 AM said...

Oh girl, how I wish I had my sh*t together so I could come over and give you some hugs! As I was in the shower this morning, I was thinking about how having twins is even harder than I expected. And with any preemie concerns on top of that... ugh. I love my boys sooo much and feel blessed to have these two little lives that will travel life together, but it's TOUGH right now! So glad you posted, looking forward to more as time allows.

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! You've been missed!

Suzy on September 14, 2010 at 5:50 PM said...

Hello and welcome back :)
I can completely understand feeling better once you are back online again, I go mad when I'm offline :)

Mrs. Gamgee on September 15, 2010 at 12:14 PM said...

So very glad you're back! The new computer sounds like perfect medicine to me! Sometimes it's the simple things that make the biggest difference in our lives.

Your pic of the girls is amazing... they are absolutely adorable!

((hugs))

Rotten on September 15, 2010 at 2:49 PM said...

Hey, you take your happiness where you can get it right? Geek or not! :) So happy to have you back in the blogging world and so glad to hear that you are all doing well.

Beautiful Mess on September 16, 2010 at 10:25 AM said...

Welcome back! So glad you're all doing so well.

Its so great that you feel better after being able to reconnect with all your bloggy buddies! The support we get from blogging is amazing!
*HUGS*

K on September 25, 2010 at 9:41 AM said...

Hi and welcome back to techno land...
I meant to tell you I love the pics you took of the girls. So sweet.

jill on October 11, 2010 at 10:16 AM said...

So glad to read you're back!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez