Home :-)


WelcomeHomeDay Life is happy but hectic. The C-Monster came home on June 15, 2010 at 6 lbs 14 oz. Her grandparents kept watch over her in the hospital while I went to get MrBeep. We went out for our last dinner together (sans kids or major organizing) and had a big bowl of yummy pho.  On the way back to get Cece (pronounced SEE-SEE) we saw the most amazing and vibrant rainbow I have ever seen in my life. This photo can’t do it justice, I didn’t have my camera with me, but MrBeep grabbed a shot with his mediocre camera phone. I know it sounds totally cliché, but from our perspective the end of that rainbow went right to our neighborhood, to Home.

The V-Creature came home a week later at 7 lbs 4 oz, she just needed to work on her bottle feeding.  Both girls are doing great.  We aren’t prescribed any special medications or equipment.  Just a multi-vitamin and a tsp of preemie formula to add to breastmilk as a fortifier until the girls can eat a large enough volume, then that will go too.  They were both home about a week before their due date. 

CMonster01 VCreature01

A new kind of normal is gradually coming together.  We are all so happy to be at home.  We appreciate the wonderful care we received in the NICU, but HOME is my favorite place and now I have a complete one with My Own Little Family.

Our pediatrician is excellent and hilarious. He joked he was concerned by their lack of a neck, but pronounced them both “keepers” and was happy that they didn’t have “that creepy preemie look”.  Both girls are now over 8.5 lbs.  Go chunkers!

It has been a real interesting challenge to get their feedings under control and somewhat coordinated.  It was originally taking an hour per girl to eat and burp, then I had to pump for 40 minutes.  That only left 20 minutes for anything else before the feedings began again.  Every 3 hours, round the clock.  We have all be very very well…see for yourself…Cece is on the left and Vivie is on the right. 

Sleepy01

Sleepy02Even Daddy has been tuckered out. :-) MrBeep has been so wonderful, he talks to them and feeds them with a bottle when they aren’t nursing with Mommy.  A few times they have all fallen asleep on the couch or he’ll snuggle with one of the girls while I have the other one laying on me, or wrapped up in a Moby out for a walk in the eve of a summer night.

Catching up with you all is something that is important to me.  I will try my best to peruse between feedings and writing and pumping and post-nesting.  Thanks for your comments on my last post and for your words of encouragement.  Sending out love in all directions. OXXO – IF.

29 comments on "Home :-)"

Anonymous said...

yay home!!!! your girls are gorgeous (love, love, love the chubby cheeks) and the rainbow was very telling!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww...so precious! Love the chunky cheeks!

And the rainbow pic was perfect.

'Murgdan' on July 13, 2010 at 5:55 AM said...

Hooray! Welcome home everybody! They are gorgeous!

jill on July 13, 2010 at 6:16 AM said...

Welcome home to both your girls! They are just beautiful :) So happy to hear everything is going well!

..al on July 13, 2010 at 6:24 AM said...

Tons of love in your direction too!

Love that both the girls are doing good. Yep, there is no place like home!!!

Hope life smoothens out even more. It must be very hectic for you right now!

Take Care.

..al on July 13, 2010 at 6:25 AM said...

Yay for the rainbow!

Pie on July 13, 2010 at 6:30 AM said...

Look at those chubby cheeks! They both look fantastic! I am so happy you all are home, happy and healthy! I've got a big smile on now :)

sprogblogger on July 13, 2010 at 6:34 AM said...

They are beautiful, and so very happy they're home and doing so well. Love the rainbow. Yeah. That's what it's all about.

Kate on July 13, 2010 at 6:57 AM said...

Hello! And SUCH ADORABLE BABIES! Good lord, I want to nibble on them.
Welcome home to ALL OF YOU, and so very very very happy to see you here.
Oh T! the rainbow got me all choked up.
All I can think of is Yes
followed quickly with
it's about time.

Revel and nap. So happy your beautiful family is all in one place now.

sending such big love
and then some
xoxo
Kate

Mrs. Gamgee on July 13, 2010 at 8:05 AM said...

I am so glad that you have your girls home with you now! They are beautiful!

none on July 13, 2010 at 8:16 AM said...

Oh jeez.. your girls are just perfect! So glad you're on the "right" side of their due date and loving life with healthy (albeit neckless) babies.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle on July 13, 2010 at 8:38 AM said...

Yay for being home! Those babies are just precious!

JJ on July 13, 2010 at 9:04 AM said...

So glad to hear they are home! They are so incredibly precious!!

one-hit_wonder on July 13, 2010 at 11:25 AM said...

somewhere...over the rainbow... :)

what beautiful little dollies! i'm glad you're all home.

K on July 13, 2010 at 11:36 AM said...

Those CHEEKS!!!!!! Love them! Yay for neckless cutie pies :)

Anonymous said...

They are so cute :) Congrats on having them home!

Mad Hatter on July 13, 2010 at 6:06 PM said...

It all sounds like heaven...thanks for sharing the adorable pictures! Sounds like you're enjoying every minute - yay!
Love,
Maddy

Rotten on July 13, 2010 at 10:08 PM said...

Look at those little porkers (meant with absolute endearment). Your boob juice must be magic because they look amazing. I remember the stories my MIL told me about her first few months at home with my hubby and his sister. WOW. It's a wonder anyone gets any sleep with twins around. So glad you finally have your family all home safe and sound. Yay for making new memories. Can't wait to see more pics as they grow.

Jessica White on July 15, 2010 at 3:22 PM said...

There really is no place like home! Glad everyone is home and doing well.
They are absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your beautiful, adorable babies are safely home now!

Sunny on July 18, 2010 at 10:10 AM said...

The post we've all been waiting for!! I am so thrilled for you, IF, and grinning ear to ear. They are absolutely perfect.

K on July 19, 2010 at 1:42 AM said...

Hi...checking in on you. I can related to how busy you must be! Notice I haven't been blogging. There just isnt' time. I have the same pumping/feeding schedule too. Happy you are well... :)
Hugs,
K

Kate on August 8, 2010 at 5:50 PM said...

Hi sweetie pie,
just wanted to say hello and send love your way.
Hope home-life-with-two-beautiful-babies is going as well as it possibly can.
I think of you every day and always with big love.
xox
Kate

FET Accompli on August 18, 2010 at 9:52 AM said...

Oh my goodness, are they ever cute! Welcome home!!

Anonymous said...

So happy everyone is home safe and sound! Congrats!!

Sarah on August 25, 2010 at 1:56 PM said...

They are gorgeous and I am all choked up. I am so happy for you!

Marie on August 27, 2010 at 11:47 AM said...

Hi! MoreCheese visiting here. Is this BlueOwl? I think I knew you back when we were both IF optimists. I thought of you and found your blog address and holy cow, I am SO , SO happy for you!!!! Congratulations on your darling daughters. If this is you, and you've got time, stop on by and have a peep at my boy.

It gives me so much joy to know that you triumped over IF adversity. Congratulations again.

IVFDiaries.com on August 28, 2010 at 11:48 AM said...

I am so happy for you. Your babies are beautiful!! God Bless!

Clare on September 5, 2010 at 4:48 AM said...

Happy happy joy joy! So incredible to see those photos - really an inspiration. Sending lots of cuddles to your girls and a big high 5 to you. You did it!!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez