Whose got two thumbs and monsters on board?


<Pointing at herself with thumbs up>  THIS GAL!

We got to see DocO today and he was grinning from ear to ear when he saw us in the lobby and gave me two thumbs up.  When he arrived in the ultrasound room, he asked me how I was doing and I explained I was nervous due to my loss of symptoms.  He looked a little concerned and gently said, “You don’t have to be miserable in order to be pregnant.  Let’s have a look.”  The date with Wanda had begun.  First thing he zoomed in on one and pointed and said “there’s the heartbeat” then he immediately swung around the wand to find the other one and point out the heartbeat, “and that looks good too.”  I love that he did that for me.  He allayed my fears first thing and then went to do his meticulous measuring.  DocO is a very compassionate man and I am so lucky to have been taken care of by him and all the other wonderful people at the practice.  The measurements were spot on, these little guys tripled in size in 2 weeks (Wow!).  The heartbeats were at 178 and 180 bpm.  I am so very happy about all of these good indicators.  Go little monsters! 

Their duck monster and frog monster likeness has morphed into more shrimp-like beings that look the same.  You could see their little arms and feet waving, which was really cool.  I got a CD with the images and videos that are fun to watch.  There are much monster gesturing and wild party dancing moves going on in there.  I think the conversation in the womb must have been something like this…

Most importantly MrBeep was laughing while he watched and was smiling at me and squeezing my hand.  I got lots and lots of hugs and kisses for a job well done.  I’m so excited, I can’t believe I have to get an OB/GYN now.  I have “graduated” from the RE office.  Yikes. I’m off to make a bunch of phone calls. 

So far so good.  Mommy loves you very much and keep waving and monster mashing.

24 comments on "Whose got two thumbs and monsters on board?"

Jem on November 23, 2009 at 3:22 PM said...

Love that video. It made me smile. So did the news of your little monsters! Great heartbeats. So glad you have a wonderful Dr. who showed you first what you needed to see (live babies!) and then went on to the technical stuff.

Sigh. I love a good monster story.

k on November 23, 2009 at 3:45 PM said...

*happy relieved sigh*

SO glad to hear all is well. I felt so frightened for you when you described your symptoms going away (I can say that now I think), but I'm so glad all is well.

*hugs8

sprogblogger on November 23, 2009 at 4:19 PM said...

Hurrah!!! Such a relief, and so wonderful that Mr. Bep is right there with you. Yay for the monsters!

Anonymous said...

woo hoo!!!! I am so, so happy for you - awesome news!

Kate on November 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM said...

so so so happy for you! hear me cheering???

YAY!!!!!!!

Eb on November 23, 2009 at 7:54 PM said...

I started crying reading your post - so happy for you! Yeah for dancing monsters and a job well done!!
Happy Thanksgiving indeed.
EB

K on November 23, 2009 at 8:13 PM said...

Yessssssss! That is such exciting news. Almost as exciting is the news that you do not have to be miserable to be pregnant. I missed that memo, apparently. But hooray for you! I am happy as hell that you are relatively symptomless. Congrats! Big huge hugs and congrats my dear.

Anonymous said...

I'm the same as IVF 40+ - I started tearing up reading your post, what wonderful news!

Congratulations, you have even more to be thankful for on Thursday. Have a great holiday!

Mad Hatter on November 23, 2009 at 9:34 PM said...

Oh happy day!!!! Soooo fricking thrilled for you and your mini monsters!!! Keep up the most excellent work!

Mrs. Gamgee on November 23, 2009 at 10:43 PM said...

Just one word...

Hallelujah!

I'm so glad for you, MrBeep, and the monsters!

..al on November 24, 2009 at 5:31 AM said...

Oh boy, am I glad or am I glad that Romulus and Troilus are doing good!

Congrats on graduating....I hope you go into as good hands as DocO...a compassionate doctor who is also an expert, is like watching a rainbow on a clear blue sky.

Special mention: Thanks for the super lovely comment the other day on my post. It warmed my heart a lot...thanks!

Pie on November 24, 2009 at 6:31 AM said...

Hooray!! I knew it, those monsters are in for the long haul!

I have a big smile now, I hope you are smiling all the time now. :)

One Who Understands on November 24, 2009 at 7:43 AM said...

Go monster go!! That has to be the neatest thing to see those little babies in there. And both hb's are nice and strong.

The recipe for the pie on my blog is here.

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/turtle-pumpkin-pie-106961.aspx

I know I will enjoy it on Thursday! Too bad you don't live closer, I could share.

JJ on November 24, 2009 at 8:16 AM said...

Lovely, fantastic news! Those are 2 monsters I am NOT scared of :)

Photogrl on November 24, 2009 at 8:46 AM said...

Yay!

I'm so glad you had a great appointment and got to see the monsters, again!

:)

Meegs on November 24, 2009 at 8:59 AM said...

Woo-hoo... I wasn't worried, but still two thumbs up for this post. ;-)

Beautiful Mess on November 24, 2009 at 10:25 AM said...

WOOOHOOO!!!!! I'm so happy for you and the monsters! Wishing you nouching but the best, love.
*HUGS*

Kate on November 24, 2009 at 10:51 AM said...

Told you so! So glad that you're reassured and relieved. And you can be another posterchild for fluctuating symptoms not meaning badness.
Happy graduation.

Sunny on November 24, 2009 at 12:47 PM said...

Excuse me while I do a little dance...

*do do do, cha cha cha, yeah!*

CONGRATULATIONS on graduating to the OB, mommy to be! Another great milestone.

With those heartbeats, I'm thinking girls.

But I'm usually wrong.

Rotten on November 24, 2009 at 8:38 PM said...

Ahhhhhhh. Did you sleep better last night? So happy to hear that you guys are ALL doing well. Keep up the good work MOM!!

Dirk on November 24, 2009 at 10:14 PM said...

Up and down on the fertility ride. Desperation Elation. I'm glad you confirmed all is well and you can stop worrying.

ryanandjoesmom on November 25, 2009 at 9:49 AM said...

Oh excellent!!!! What great heartbeat numbers!!!!

The Steadfast Warrior on November 25, 2009 at 11:35 AM said...

Yeah Monsters!!! So excited to hear this news. :)

Phoebe on November 25, 2009 at 9:04 PM said...

Hurray for your little monsters! I so loved your doctor's comment that you don't have to be miserable to be pregnant!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez