Guess who’s coming for dinner?


QueasyFud 

That’s right.  Ginger ale and saltines.  I was out shopping for stuff to make spaghetti dinner yesterday.  I walked to the back of the store near the butcher counter, they were cooking something that smelled so strong and vile it make me super ill.  It was extra super fab to enjoy that smell combined with the perfume of raw meat. Not necessary run-for-the-hills grab-a-paper-bag queasy but “seasick with a touch of too many jalapeños” kind of queasy.  Luckily I was able to high tail it to the front of the supermarket, where I was able to purchase some ginger ale (Vernor’s is the best!) and some plain crackers.  I may keep a ziplock of crackers in my purse for such emergencies.  Gah.

Two days earlier I was in a different supermarket and they had a huge display of apples for sale.  All different types.  Galas, fujis, honeycrisp, cameo, macintosh, tart green apples, etc.  They were gorgeous and looked like the best of fall, but my nose?  I could swear I smelled some of the bad apples in the crop.  Totally bizarre.  Most of my morning sickness reaction is just a fairly constant upset tummy, heartburn and hiccups from time to time.  If I eat little meals, or drink milk I am usually OK but even now it feels like I need an alka seltzer.

I told MrBeep about my queasefest and he was very sad and worried.  I laughed and tried to tell him that it’s a really good thing.  Bring it on!  But he just looked at me with those big blue eyes and crumpled up his mouth in sad concern.  Husbands are wacky sometimes, but we sure love ‘em.

13 comments on "Guess who’s coming for dinner?"

sprogblogger on November 12, 2009 at 2:03 PM said...

Hurrah for strong nausea!!

Er, you know what I mean...

Lucky Jones on November 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM said...

It gets better, trust me! Although other things tend to take the place of the nausea! Congrats on your twins!

Pie on November 12, 2009 at 2:54 PM said...

Ooooh, I love me some Vernor's!

Super-strong spidey smell? The queasies around every turn? That's great! You are officially preggers!! YAY!

K on November 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM said...

Oh, I hear ya! Hate to say it, but it gets worse. And get your stool softener ready while you're at it. That's next. I'll have to try ginger ale. That sounds kinda good. Been suckin on Pellegrino and Coke when it's really bad.

Sunny on November 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM said...

I had to laugh at that picture. First of all, you can get VERNOR'S out here?! I thought that was just in Michigan. Yee haw. Although it's kinda too late for me. :)

I hope the nausea doesn't hit you too bad, although it certainly is comforting in a way -- but I'm sure you've heard me worrying about my lack of weight gain. Speaking of which, make sure you get "When You Are Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads" by Barbara Luke. Muy helpful, even with the extra stress it causes in following the guidelines. We want healthy babies!!!

Mrs. Gamgee on November 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM said...

Yay for morning sickness! I totally know what you mean about the smells... the last time I was pregant I couldn't walk into our usual grocery store without wanting to vomit... the smell of those rotisserie chickens in the deli were enough to drive me over the deep end.

Your MrBeep sounds very sweet to be so concerned!

Anonymous said...

I hear you. And I hate to be a buzz kill, but for me, it did not get better for a while - just hang in there - I wish I could have made myself drink more water but it was so, so hard...

Mad Hatter on November 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM said...

Never had Vernor's. Promise me if I am pregnant and nauseous one day, you will send me some? ;-) Congrats on the queasiness!

Kate on November 12, 2009 at 7:04 PM said...

Ahhhh bionic nose! I have that when I ovulate, and hat it when I was pregnant. Someday send me the ingredients of your Vernor's-- corn syrup of sugar? I LOVE ginger ale, really gingery ginger ale. SO sorry you are queasy, but so glad you have a reason to be!

XOX
kate

Ann on November 12, 2009 at 7:04 PM said...

Yay! Congrats on the twinnies and the ooshy feelings. It'll be worth it, I just know it!

Rotten on November 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM said...

I could smell the garbage truck from 3 blocks away. Fun.

It's just a nice little daily reminder that your growing a couple of buns in your oven. :)

Beautiful Mess on November 13, 2009 at 10:29 AM said...

I hope the ginger ale and crackers work for you! That pregnancy nose will smell ANYTHING unsavory within a 20 mile radius. Enjoy it, love!
*HUGS*

Photogrl on November 13, 2009 at 10:31 AM said...

Ginger ale and saltines...should be staples in every preggo's kitchen!

I love how Mr. Beep is worried for you!

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez