24 and 48 and 72


In 24 hours I will officially be 7 weeks.  In 24 hours I will finally finally be home and alone with MrBeep.  Don’t get me wrong, I am glad that I was able to be there for my brother.  He is doing much better and will now just need to do things to improve his health.  He has stopped smoking and is now taking walks with the kids in the evening.  It has been nice to see my SIL, niece and nephews.  It has been great spending a few days with my grandparents and parents.  It will be a treat tonight to see one of my best friend’s from 7th grade through high school.  But really folks, I want to be home.  I want to smell the damp earth and listen to the rain.  I want to be with my wonderful MrBeep who calls me every day and texts me and makes me so happy but he is far away and it makes me crazy.  I miss smiling until my face hurts, I miss laughing so much my sides ache.  MrBeep took the day off and will pick me up from the airport.  Yay! 

In 48 hours I will be settled in at home, with all my travels washed away.  I will have snuggled and snoozed with MrBeep.  I will have walked in the last remnants of fall colors. I will have caught up on some film work and web stuff.  I will have enjoyed a game night with my pals.  I will have been able to cook a dinner in my own kitchen with my own things.  My life will once again begin to return and surround me.  My mind can begin to return to a place of peace from all this chaos.

In 72 hours I will have some news.  I will have seen what is going on first hand.  I will have some information.  I am scheduled for an ultrasound at the RE office on Sunday at 2:30 p.m.  They say I can call on Saturday to see if they have any openings so perhaps I can find out sooner if possible.  I hope to get an appointment on Saturday, but Sunday will do.  It feels like it taking so long to find out, even though it will have only been an extra week.  I am getting terrified of disappointment.  I am so close to starting a new path on my journey to a family of my own.  I am curious and nervous and scared and excited.  I hope it is good news.  In less than 72 hours I will know. 

17 comments on "24 and 48 and 72"

jill on November 5, 2009 at 6:03 PM said...

Hooray! I bet MrBeep is excited :)

Great to hear that your brother is doing well - what a relief I'm sure.

Did anyone you were visiting know about your pregnancy? I was just thinking, if no one knows yet, it will be interesting when they all realize later that you were pregnant through all of that.

Can't wait to hear about your appt this weekend! I'm so hopeful that it will be wonderful news!

Pie on November 5, 2009 at 6:04 PM said...

Have a safe trip home! You certainly get the best sister of the year award!

Boy, I hope they can get you in Saturday, I am so eager to hear the final count! What are you thinking? 1? 2? More???? It's very exciting!

Sprogblogger on November 5, 2009 at 6:20 PM said...

Safe trip home, and I can't WAIT to hear your good news!

Mrs. Gamgee on November 5, 2009 at 7:14 PM said...

I can't imagine being away from my Beloved for that long (even when he drives me nuts). I send you prayers for safe travels, and joy for your homecoming!

Kate on November 5, 2009 at 7:16 PM said...

I'll just have to hope for you that the extra week's wait will just mean that there's that much more exciting baby to see! And that drop less of anxiety that there's X weeks left to go till the end of the first trimester, cause otherwise it'd have been X+1 weeks!
Have a fantastic reunion with MrBeep. I'm sure he missed you like heck!

Kate on November 5, 2009 at 7:22 PM said...

Sending love
and wishes for a safe trip HOME.

xox
Kate

Sunny on November 5, 2009 at 8:16 PM said...

It is raining and icky here, but you won't notice I'm sure. :) Safe travels! And I'm on pins and needles for Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you will be snuggled in at home soon!!!! And I am looking forward to Sunday's update!

Mad Hatter on November 6, 2009 at 4:44 AM said...

Ooooooh, I hope you can get in Saturday! :-) Enjoy your weekend reuniting with your home and your love.

one-hit_wonder on November 7, 2009 at 11:58 AM said...

Glad things are good and that your brother is getting better.

Kate on November 8, 2009 at 1:28 PM said...

thinking of you
hoping today was perfect and the monsters are on board for the long haul.

xox
Kate

The Steadfast Warrior on November 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM said...

Hope today went well! Thinking of you and can't wait to hear how the ultrasound went.

One Who Understands on November 9, 2009 at 7:38 AM said...

So what's the news??? How many monsters are in there? So happy you made it home safely.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your brother is doing better and you were able to get the vaccination!

Yay for your next appointment! Hopefully all the good news will help ease your mind!

kimbosue on November 9, 2009 at 1:36 PM said...

So happy for you! Catching up on my BB babes and got chills reading up on you for the past month. WOOHOO!

Sunny on November 9, 2009 at 6:01 PM said...

Waiting not-so-patiently for your news... thinking of you and thinking positive thoughts!

Shannon on November 9, 2009 at 7:20 PM said...

Hope all is well! Can not wait for your news....

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez