What the ultrasound saw…


I won’t tease you, I haven’t really been holding out.  My ultrasound appointment was on Sunday at 3:00 p.m. pacific time. 

After we went to the RE for the ultrasound, we went for a little grocery shopping and then out to dinner.  I had delicious salmon with spicy zesty soba noodles.  When we came home, we watched a terrific movie and I went to sleep early because, whew, I am sure tired lately.

I fall asleep sitting in a chair like an 80 year old man.

Can’t imagine why.

And my b00bs are really weighty and sore.

Ain’t that unusual?

Oh and I get a little queasy from time to time.

Guess I need some pepto.

Or…

Maybe….

It’s because of what the ultrasound saw.

AnimationMonsterUS1 

That’s right.  I’ve got two monsters in here (I photoshopped a little animated GIF to better illustrate what the ultrasound really saw).  “A” (who looks like a duck, am I right?) measured fine and had a heartbeat of 150.  “B” (totally a little frog) also measured fine (estimated a few days older) and had a heartbeat of 144.  DrKAwesome was my RE on Sunday and she also checked out my ovaries and said they were the right size and doing a great job making progesterone. 

So wow.  Two.  We checked them out on 7w2d and are due back for our next ultrasound two weeks from now (Golly, another two week wait?  Who woulda thunk it possible?) that will put us at 9w2d and if all is well I will “graduate” to a real OB/GYN.  MrBeep has been patting my tummy and grinning at me.  I had a perma-grin on Sunday and kept getting all teary-eyed.  We keep saying “so far so good”. 

Lots of love and good wishes and prayers from people near and far have brought me a long way and have been a comfort to me in difficult and nervous times.  It still seems a little unreal, but today I am bursting, full of hope and promises and wishes that may finally come true. 

38 comments on "What the ultrasound saw…"

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! Congratulations!!! Your little duck and frog are beautiful!!!! I am so, so happy for you and things are looking fabulous!

..al on November 10, 2009 at 4:53 AM said...

Woot Woot!

Quack Leap!! Am so so so glad for you lady!

Pie on November 10, 2009 at 5:52 AM said...

Two!!! YAY!!!! I love the duck and frog images that pop up on the u/s - it is too cute!!

They both look perfect, I'm just so delighted and happy for you and Mr.Beep!

Yay!!

kimbosue on November 10, 2009 at 5:59 AM said...

Your images are spot on! They do look like a duck and a frog. Congrats X 2!

sprogblogger on November 10, 2009 at 6:03 AM said...

WOOOOHOOOO!!!! I could not be happier for you! Twins! A frog & a duck! OMG! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Deb Sawyer on November 10, 2009 at 6:05 AM said...

I've been following along for awhile but have never commented. I just had to jump in and say CONGRATULATIONS! My daughter had twin girls this past April and they are a complete joy.

Leah on November 10, 2009 at 6:32 AM said...

Just the news I wanted this morning before going in for my FET! CONGRATULATIONS! Quack and Ribbit look great!

Shannon on November 10, 2009 at 6:41 AM said...

Great news...hope things continue to go smoothly for you!

none on November 10, 2009 at 6:44 AM said...

Yay! This is really great. BTW, Waffle Girl thinks they look like a rabbit and a frog.. and she knows animals pretty well. I'll have to watch your future updates to see who's right! Hahaha.

Melissa Griffin on November 10, 2009 at 6:44 AM said...

That is such wonderful news!!! Cant wait to see your little froggy and ducky in 2 weeks!!!

One Who Understands on November 10, 2009 at 7:27 AM said...

Yeah!!! TWINS!! They do look like a little duck and frog. Oh how sweet. I am so happy for you.

Sunny on November 10, 2009 at 7:39 AM said...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! I am so excited for you!! I will forgive you for holding out *ahem* because the news is just so awesome. Wishing you a very happy and healthy and uneventful pregnancy with your beautiful twinklets.

jill on November 10, 2009 at 7:41 AM said...

WOOHOO! That is absolutely wonderful news!! Well worth the wait! ;)

Love the little drawings - they do look like a duck and a frog. Too cute!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle on November 10, 2009 at 7:45 AM said...

Yay for a little duckie and frog!

Photogrl on November 10, 2009 at 8:03 AM said...

Woo-hoo!

Yay, yay, YAY!!!!

They DO look like a duck & frog!

Kate on November 10, 2009 at 8:10 AM said...

YAY!
Happy for your monsters and for you and Mr. Beep!
How incredibly wonderfully great. YAY!
You made my day
happy happy happy
mekate

Brooke on November 10, 2009 at 8:18 AM said...

Congrats!!! That is awesome news!!!

K on November 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM said...

!!! Congratulatoins.

I laughed out loud at the illustrations. They're so cute :)

Jem on November 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM said...

Wow! That's HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mazeltov! Congratulations to both you and Mr. Beep!

Mrs. Gamgee on November 10, 2009 at 9:42 AM said...

Wooohooo! Go little monsters go!

Such a lovely first picture! Can't wait to see more in a couple weeks!

Kate on November 10, 2009 at 9:45 AM said...

Well holy smokes! I was thinking 2-3 after that 15dpo beta, but I'm sure glad it's just two nice healthy looking babies in there.
Not so shabby for those old ovaries of yours (said tongue in cheek and very lovingly)!
So glad all is looking so good, and best wishes for the next U/S.

Phoebe on November 10, 2009 at 11:22 AM said...

I love your u/s post-photoshop! Wishing you the best through your pregnancy.

BTW, my blog has moved, so I hope you'll keep following me. Just click on my name for the new link.

K on November 10, 2009 at 11:45 AM said...

OMG. I have been waiting for this post!!!! THIS IS SO EFFING AWESOME! So happy and excited for you. And so happy to have some company along the journey! YAY! Although I am not wishing you my hell of nausea at.all. Holy shit this is cool. Take it easy, will ya? Trust me... :)

'Murgdan' on November 10, 2009 at 2:52 PM said...

Grinning from ear to ear for you. Love the artwork btw. Very nice.

Mad Hatter on November 10, 2009 at 8:00 PM said...

Yay for your lucky ducky and funny frog! They are adorable and you are so deserving!
Love,
Maddy

Liv on November 11, 2009 at 6:32 AM said...

Yippidy, Yippidy, Yippidy YAY!!!!! I love this. Marvy and I are so excited for you guys. A family of 4!!!! Can you believe it?

Great job on the gif. I thought one of mine looked just like a hummingbird. It's just so freakin' adorable.

Please ask Mr. Beep to give that belly two kisses from me and one on the cheek for you!

Love ya!

Rebel With.A.Cause on November 11, 2009 at 7:53 AM said...

Freaking AWESOME!!!! I am so glad to see Duck and Frog!! Congrats to you and MrBeep!!!!!

one-hit_wonder on November 11, 2009 at 12:54 PM said...

wow, how great! i giggled at the duck and frog. :)

Beautiful Mess on November 11, 2009 at 1:24 PM said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Way to go Frog and Ducky! I'm so happy for you! So exciting!
*HUGS*

Liddy on November 11, 2009 at 3:24 PM said...

WAY TO GO FROG AND DUCKY!

Congrats and best wishes.

A fellow Braces Buncher

Barefoot on November 11, 2009 at 4:02 PM said...

Congratulations!!!! Love the little monster graphics.

Rotten on November 12, 2009 at 10:02 AM said...

So happy for you and by that I mean ALL of you. :)

Miriam on November 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM said...

I'm tearing up just reading this. Mazel tov :) Can't wait to hear more about the lil Duck and Frog!

JJ on November 12, 2009 at 12:12 PM said...

WHAHOOOO! Love the little monsters! And the picture is just too cool! Hey, one for each tangerine earring!!

Jules on November 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM said...

Congratulations & welcome to the wonderful world of multiples.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat on November 13, 2009 at 12:30 AM said...

Here from LFCA...

Congrats! They totally look like a duck and frog, you're right.

Life with twins is the best kind of craziness.

Good luck with everything.

Cajun Cutie on November 13, 2009 at 7:55 AM said...

Holy Cow! that is wonderful news! Congratulations

Mo on November 13, 2009 at 12:02 PM said...

Aaaawwww..... Wonderful wonderful news!

Mo

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez