♥ Welcome babies! Mommy loves you. ♥


Hello my friends.  I am sorry that I haven’t been able to write, but it was a crazy week.  I went into the hospital on Sunday with contractions and our babies were born Monday, April 12, 2010 at 10:31 am and 10: 34 am. :-)  I will not go into all of the details of what happened in this post.  I just want to celebrate that they are here, very healthy and are growing and improving every day.  I have been able to hold and snuggle each one of them, they are perfect and precious, but are just wee little babes who will need some support and time to grow.

MrBeep has been incredible.  Through everything, no matter how scary, he was my rock.  He went with the babies, on my request, and stayed with them while they were being tended to by the NICU staff.  He came back to the OR, kissed me and told me everything I needed to know.  He comforted me during the worst of the storm.  I will be forever grateful for his love, strength and kindness.

I'm doing very good. Physically I did excellent with the emergency c-section and while I am a little tired, my pain levels are low and I can walk around, get up, etc. without much discomfort. I have only taken a few ibuprofen a day, no need for anything stronger. I'm not trying to be superwoman, I just am not in much pain. 

The wee babes are doing very well (all things considered).  They are 100% breathing on their own without any support. Their IVs will be out tomorrow. They will also be on 100% breast milk by tomorrow. The NICU staff started them with just colostrum and IV fluids, eventually transitioning to all mothers milk.  They increase the milk every day and decreasing the other fluids. They are tolerating the milk in their tummies just fine.  They are adding weight and we hope will continue to grow and do better every day.

They were both born at 17" long. One was 3 lbs 3 oz at birth and the other was 3 lbs 5 oz at birth. They were officially at 29 weeks and 3 days. We've got a lot of growing and developing to do, but will take each day at a time until it is time to go home.  We don’t have names picked out just yet, but have narrowed the list quit a lot and should have their names picked out this week.  For now, we still just call them Wiggles and Pip.

The neonatologist doctors at the hospital tell us they are doing great, the nurses too.  Docs said to estimate that they will go home around their due date, this should be mid-June.  Keep us in your good thoughts and prayers. Thank you for checking on me.  I would get a few updates on my phone, but had no easy way to communicate in the hospital.  Here are a couple of photos and video.  My little girls have sweet faces, adorable expressions, and big blue eyes. 

Wiggles4Days 
Baby A – aka “Wiggles” she looks just like her Daddy’s baby photos.  She has his nose.

PipSnuggle 
Baby B – aka “Pip” looks like her Mommy’s baby photos.  She has my nose (poor kid)

Some times I just pour tears of relief and joy when I watch them.  Like sunshine through the clouds on a stormy day, they swell my heart until I feel I may burst with overwhelming love.  The universe has so much in store, we never know how our lives unfold, but today I thank the universe for my sweetie love girls and my wonderful MrBeep.

51 comments on "♥ Welcome babies! Mommy loves you. ♥"

..al on April 19, 2010 at 12:48 AM said...

Oye Lady...Giant Squishy Hugs to you!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

And welcome to the world Wiggles and Pip!!!

I am so happy...The babies are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope they gain their strength fast so that you can take them home and lead the normal life with them.

Many Many Many blessings for the girls!

aimeemax on April 19, 2010 at 12:58 AM said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Wiggles and Pip!! That's so exciting for you, and I'm so glad to hear that they're doing well.

love and hugs!
x

Mrs. Gamgee on April 19, 2010 at 1:15 AM said...

Hokey Dinah! Congratulations! And welcome to the outside little monsters!

They are beautiful! And it sounds like they are doing really well.

Sending many prayers for you, MrBeep, and them! Many ((hugs)) too!

'Murgdan' on April 19, 2010 at 3:52 AM said...

Wow wow wow! Congrats! They are adorable. Glad everyone is doing well!

Kate on April 19, 2010 at 4:23 AM said...

I'm sorry they came surprisingly early, but they sound like they're doing great, and they're so beautiful!
I wouldn't have realized how small they are from the photos if you hadn't posted the video with the gigantic soother in Wiggles' mouth.
Congratulations, you did a great job on getting them past 29 weeks. Hope to see more updates if you ever have time to post any!

..Soo.See.. on April 19, 2010 at 5:21 AM said...

Ooooh-weeeee!!! Congrats and hugs hugs to you and your little adorable babies!! Glad everyone is doing well, and I hope that they get big and strong soon, so they will be home w/ you! xo

Amanda on April 19, 2010 at 5:37 AM said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

They are beautiful! I'm so happy they're doing so well and they look wonderful!

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers for easy days ahead and for time flying until they're home with you.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle on April 19, 2010 at 6:16 AM said...

Congratulations! So glad they are doing so well! I hope the get home soon!

Welcome Wiggles and Pip!

xoxo

Delenn on April 19, 2010 at 6:20 AM said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy!

M on April 19, 2010 at 6:20 AM said...

just lovely and absolutely perfect.

congratulations!!

Erin Bakal on April 19, 2010 at 6:25 AM said...

Congratulations and celebration! Welcome to the world Wiggles & Pip! So glad to hear how well they are doing!

Pie on April 19, 2010 at 6:54 AM said...

Awwwww they are the most beautiful little girls! CONGRATS!!! They really look great - sucking and looking around and so pink! Really great.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world, peanuts! They are soooo adorable! Congrats, momma!

sprogblogger on April 19, 2010 at 7:24 AM said...

Oh WOW! They are lovely and they look so healthy! So pleased everything's going so well, considering, and will look forward to more baby pictures (!) soon. Take care of yourself, Mama. IT sure sounds like you've had one heck of a week.

Kate on April 19, 2010 at 7:59 AM said...

HOLY CRAP!! I wondered if that was what was happening--
first
Welcome beautiful girls, Traci, they are truly ARE beautiful-
and You-- oh you, so glad you are ok and safe and well.
So glad all of you are ok and safe and well.

Thinking of you and wishing you quick healing, wishing your lovely monsters easy growth and development and flourishing,
and
thank you thank you thank you for the update!

love to you
xox
Kate

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your little girls are here and doing so well! They are so beautiful!! Congrats!

Eb on April 19, 2010 at 8:37 AM said...

congrats to you, your lovely little girl monsters and mr beep!
So glad all is going well with you
E

Mindy on April 19, 2010 at 9:15 AM said...

They are beautiful! Congratulations!!!!

Mo on April 19, 2010 at 9:45 AM said...

Oh my gosh!!! They are here! Congratulations!!!!!! So glad they - AND YOU - are doing so well.

Mo

Photogrl on April 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM said...

Welcome Wiggles & Pip!!

They are both SO beautiful!

I'm glad to hear both are doing well and you are healing...will continue to hold you all in my thoughts and prayers!

Congratulations!

K on April 19, 2010 at 11:28 AM said...

Wow!!! Congratulations to you! They are absolutely beautiful. I am glad to hear you all are doing well. Can't wait to hear all about the birth story. They are in my prayers for continued improvement and health!

Sunny on April 19, 2010 at 11:33 AM said...

Oh my! Congratulations to you and Mr. Beep, sweet T. I can only imagine the rollercoaster of it all, but I am thrilled that the girls are doing well and you sound so great. They are strong little monsters, they will no doubt thrive with the love and care that you will give them. Thinking of you and sending prayers for your girls as they grow!

Liana on April 19, 2010 at 11:45 AM said...

Yay! Love! Congratulations, good luck, happy healing amd may the next couple months fly by!

G$ on April 19, 2010 at 12:10 PM said...

Welcome little girlies! I am so happy to hear they are doing ok, they look pretty darn adorable and pink in the photos. Hang in there girls, mom and dad!

Lucky Jones on April 19, 2010 at 12:23 PM said...

Many many congratulations from one twin mommy to another! I am so glad they are doing well! Wiggles and Pip are absolutely breathtaking and they are so incredibly lucky to have loving and caring parents :)

Barefoot on April 19, 2010 at 12:51 PM said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful girls. So glad that everyone is doing well.

K on April 19, 2010 at 1:02 PM said...

My first thought was HOLY SHIT! But that was followed by Holy Cow they look and sound great! Congrats, they are big and healthy and are so so cute. Sniffle sniffle...tears in my eyes. Yay for you all!

Clare on April 19, 2010 at 2:03 PM said...

Oh congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you - they are gorgeous. You have been through so much to get here - all so worth it now isn't it? Wishing you all much healing and growing over the next few weeks. Thinking of you all xxx

Brooke on April 19, 2010 at 3:35 PM said...

Oh, wow! The girls look great! Congrats to all of you!

none on April 19, 2010 at 3:38 PM said...

Wowee! Your girls are simply perfect. Sorry things didn't go as you would have planned, but they look pretty tough and will surely keep on thriving. Congratulations and ((HUGS!))

Rotten on April 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM said...

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are gorgeous and I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing well. Keep us up to date with lots of pics because we are already in love with your girls. Big big big hugs to you and your family. YAY!!!

Sarah on April 19, 2010 at 4:59 PM said...

Congratulations! They are beautiful, beautiful babies.

ryanandjoesmom on April 19, 2010 at 6:18 PM said...

Congratulations!!! They are adorabale and so big!!! What great sizes. Good Job mommy!!!

JJ on April 19, 2010 at 8:03 PM said...

Happy tears!! So glad they are here--and that all of you are doing well! Thinking lots about you all! BIG HUGS!

Beautiful Mess on April 19, 2010 at 11:16 PM said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you and MrBeep! Welcome Pip and Wiggles! They are SO beautiful!
*HUGS*

FET Accompli on April 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!! They are so very beautiful. If you have any questions about prems, I was there not too long ago...
They will grow and in no time you'll be bringing them home!

Rebel With.A.Cause on April 20, 2010 at 5:00 AM said...

Wow!!! Congrats sweetie!!! They look great!! Way to go Mommy!!!

Hugs,
Erica

kimbosue on April 20, 2010 at 5:11 AM said...

SQQQUUUUEEEEE!!!! They are so cutie! Congratulations to you and MrBeep!

Give them hugs and kisses from all of your bloggy buddies!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. They are so sweet.

one-hit_wonder on April 20, 2010 at 11:49 AM said...

stunning grrls! congrats to u all. glad ur all doing well.

Ann on April 20, 2010 at 12:39 PM said...

HUGE congrats to you and Mr Beep. Wggles and Pip look gorgeous and so healthy!!! Good job Mama! Hugs to you.

One Who Understands on April 20, 2010 at 4:00 PM said...

I'm so happy everything has gone smoothly. The girls look amazing! they are so cute. Sending hugs to all!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat on April 20, 2010 at 5:58 PM said...

Here from LFCA...

Congratulations! The babies are beautiful.

Seeing them in their incubators really takes me back to the days when my own babies were in the NICU.

Good luck with everything, and I hope that you can bring them both home soon!

Anonymous said...

Wiggles & Pip are here! They are beautiful, thank you for the pictures and the video, they are precious.

Big congratulations to you & your family! Big hugs to all of you!

Kate on April 21, 2010 at 9:35 AM said...

thinking of you all this beautiful spring day.
Hoping all is going wonderfully for all of you--
with extra big love
Kate

Dora on April 22, 2010 at 11:15 AM said...

Oh!! They're so beautiful! What incredible 29 weekers! Congrats, mama!

jill on April 23, 2010 at 6:17 AM said...

Oh my gosh! CONGRATULATIONS! They are just beautiful :) I'm so happy for you!

Sending lots of *hugs* to you and healthy thoughts to your girls. I hope they have as short a NICU stay as possible.

Phoebe on April 24, 2010 at 6:08 PM said...

Congratulations on your beautiful girls. You have been a trooper throughout. I hope you are healing fast. Wishing fast growing thoughts for your babies so you can all be home soon.

Me on April 26, 2010 at 6:07 AM said...

They look wonderful!

Kate on April 30, 2010 at 7:41 AM said...

thinking of you and hoping all of you are doing wonderfully.

LOVE LOVE LOVE
mekate

one-hit_wonder on June 12, 2010 at 7:30 AM said...

oh lovely! congratulations on wiggles and pip - they are darling.

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez