Thinking Out Loud


Thanks to mekate at icantwhistle for posting a comment that finally kicked my lazy ass into gear. I decided that the only way I can move in any direction is to think out loud. Yes. It's true. I used to love to write. I used to love to read other blogs.

but...

Time with twins has been double the crazy. I think it is only now with them at 22 months that I can consistently steal some time away and be able to think and try to write.
My brain is getting mushy, my fingers are getting rusty. It is time to write again.

but...

Should I continue this blog or start a new one? IF Optimist was very much an infertility and pregnancy blog. I honestly don't think that I'll write too much on those subjects any more. I am leaning towards starting anew.

Truth is that yes, I do want to talk about infertility a tiny bit. I want to talk about my pregnancy a tiny bit, too but mostly I want to talk about motherhood and technology and food and ideas that float around in my noodle.

For those of you who have moved on, past writing about pee sticks and procedures and pregnancy, how did you choose? Did you stay with your current blog or start anew? How did/do you stay connected with your very special bloggidy friends?

Also do you have any strong opinions on anonymous or let it all hang out openness.

I don't know if anyone is listening any more but if you are, I'd really love to know what you think.

OXXO - IF

Oh and here is some eye candy of my big grrl monsters. My head may be a little empty sometimes, but they fill my heart a thousand times over.

Celeste on a Fall Day

IMG 1610

Vivien at the Aquarium

IMG 1824

10 comments on "Thinking Out Loud"

The Steadfast Warrior on February 20, 2012 at 4:18 AM said...

Hi!! I've been wondering how you were doing. :)

As someone who came back to blogging after a break, I understand where you're at. While I was blogging long before I had my miscarriages and, my finally found my voice writing through all of that and my successful pregnancy. There is something to be said for starting fresh, but for me at least, doing so meant I was ignoring or setting aside what came before. Yes, I wrote about being a baby-lost mama, but even now as I am raising a toddler, my past experiences inform the present. The lens in which we see our own world is coloured by these experiences. It took me a bit to get back into the swing of things, but I've found my voice again and discovered that it has even more to say than before. Life keeps on going and so will the ramblings in my head. Getting them out keeps me sane. :)

That's my take on it.

The Steadfast Warrior on February 20, 2012 at 4:19 AM said...

And as you can tell, life running after a toddler means hitting publish before I proof for typos… oh well!a

Mrs. Gamgee on February 20, 2012 at 4:56 AM said...

I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how things were going for your and your family. So glad to hear from you!

First up... oh my, your sweet grrl monsters are beautiful and SOOOO big!

Secondly... your blog can and should be what you need it to be. And that means that it should grow and change as you do. I imagine that IF will always be a part of your particular world view, it shapes us and affects our lives in surprising ways. But life does go on.

Whatever you decide to do, know that you have a follower in me. I look forward to hearing what's going on in your world.

sprogblogger on February 20, 2012 at 5:13 AM said...

Trying to decide what to do with the blog is a tough one! I ended up keeping the sprogblogger blog going, for all things related to Hen, but I do maintain (well, I WISH I maintained it better!) a separate blog for my writer friends who honestly don't care as much about what Henry ate today! But I'm glad I kept my 'raising a toddler' blog under the same address as my 'trying to get pregnant' blog. It's all me, and Henry and The Boy, so why shouldn't it get to stay together?

That said, I'll follow you wherever you decide to write. Glad to see you'll be around a bit more!

Pie on February 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM said...

I'm so glad to hear from you again! I can't believe how big those beautiful girls are already! They look like enough to keep Wonder Woman busy.

As for blogging, I can just tell you what I've done. I just kept on blogging (with less frequency) on my same blog. I'm sure I've lost readers, but have also gained some new ones too. My focus has pretty much stayed as a mommy blog, focused on life with my daughter. I see it now as a journal of her early life, and me learning to be a mom. I guess I didn't see the need to start something new. I mean, it is still me, just writing about my life. Before my life was focused on pee sticks, now it is focused on my daughter. But it is still me.

I do hope you start to write again, I always enjoyed reading your posts. And if you do start blogging in a new place, the readers that like your writing and care about you will follow along.

Kate on February 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM said...

Your girls are SO cute! So glad to hear from you again too.
I morphed into a mommyish blog after K was born. I've pretty much been using it as a diary for what's been going on with her, and mostly for myself. If I still have a few followers who comment from time to time, I'm happy.
Now I'm morphing back into an IF blog again as we go through an FET cycle. It is what it is, and people can read it or not as they see fit.
If you do move to another blog, please let me come along too!

Rotten on February 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM said...

Hello stranger. Your girls are gorgeous by the way!!!

I feel like I read this post a lot from bloggers I have followed for years and for each blogger, it is a personal decision. I continued at the same address but changed the name of my blog and did a post that I needed to move past what had happened and continue the original thought for the blog which was to update my family all over the world as to what was going on in our lives. Of course that is no help to you if you started your blog with other intentions, but just letting you know which way I went.

I hope you continue to write if it makes you happy. :)

Sunny on February 22, 2012 at 3:16 PM said...

I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiss you! I'm so glad you posted! Life around here is mega-insane, too, so I completely understand. Having twins is HARD, for realz. An amazing gift, I'm deeply grateful. But good lord, mama could use a rest sometimes! Whew!

I didn't start blogging until I was pregnant, so I didn't really have this issue. (I started a second, temporary blog when I wanted to focus only on our secondary infertility.) My vote is that you start a fresh blog. Can you incorporate "optimist" into it somehow, for a thread of continuity?

Glad you are back!

St Elsewhere on February 25, 2012 at 2:11 AM said...

So glad you came back to your blog.

I have just recently started to write about life post-baby. I think it is a good idea to continue at this place itself...this is an evolving blog...from infertility to parenting...

You can change your blog title if you want...

And I hope you remember me - I am Wi#e#uy

Kate on February 26, 2012 at 6:21 PM said...

Hi love,
I think you should write whatever you are thinking and if you'd like to do it here,I'll be here. If you want to start a new blog somewhere else and begin again, I'll follow you there too. This really is about life, isn't it? Infertility yes, losses of a million kinds, surprising gifts from the universe, things we need to let go of, things we want to hold onto... I think that whenever you decide to write, and whatever it is at any given moment, you will find your audience.
And I know, for one, I'll be in it.

xoxo
kate

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez