The Gack House


Thanks to those who commented on my last post. I appreciate your thoughts and experiences and am currently processing and deciding what to do next about whether to stay the same, move to a new blog, or just rename this one to something that is a little less "infertility sounding."

We've reached a milestone. Our first instance of stomach flu projectile vomiting. Celeste started getting really sick while I was out to dinner and then dropping a friend off at the airport. I came home to GrandmaBeep, GrandpaBeep and MrBeep with very worried and concerned looks on their faces. She hadn't eaten anything for dinner (even her favorite things) and then after her bath gacked everything from lunch up 4 or 5 times. What made everyone really concerned is that she and her sister were bouncing on the couch earlier in the evening and she fell and hit her head. It didn't seem too bad a fall but since she was vomiting a couple of hours later we all became a little concerned. There was much consulting of DrGoogle by MrBeep while I took care of her for the rest of the evening. After getting Viv to bed I tried giving Celeste her bottle and halfway through it all came up. MrBeep cleaned up the mess and I gave her another bath and calmed her down. She fell asleep in my arms, poor thing. We didn't have any other bouts of vomiting...from her...so far.

I, however, woke up at 2am for my own gack attack. I sat on the floor, giving offerings to the porcelain god, but I was sooooooooo happy that it meant Celeste just had a tummy flu and not a mild concussion. Whew!

How strange it is sometimes to be a mommy. Don't you agree? Even when you don't feel well yourself, a short time before it would be all about me and instead the first thing to you mind is your little one.

--IF

P.S. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good carpet cleaner? I'm thinking with two kids maybe a spotbot or a full upright carpet cleaner may not be such a bad idea.

5 comments on "The Gack House"

Mrs. Gamgee on February 26, 2012 at 4:06 PM said...

Ugh... we had that flu back before Christmas! It started with Ginny and then less than 48 hours later it hit me hard. I hope that you're all feeling better soon (and that no one else in your house gets the bug).

I've contemplated the carpet cleaner thingy too... I'll be checking back to see what others suggest

Kate on February 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM said...

Sorry about the gakking, that part sucks. But yes, how happy not to have it have ANYTHING to do with concussions and whatnot.

XOX
kate

Kate on February 29, 2012 at 10:08 AM said...

PS an idea: change your blog design and see how it feels (only if you know how to go back)-- it may be that by dressing it differently, you can sort of signal a transition which allows you to go whichever direction(s) you choose. Also, IF optimist still works, you know?

Hope the barfing is done and that you are all well.

PPS Did you get my email response to yours? I'm afraid I might be spam!

The Steadfast Warrior on March 2, 2012 at 3:36 AM said...

Oh, that is definitely no fun! That was us a couple months ago. It was awful and I so sympathize. Hope you're feeling better!

Liana on March 22, 2012 at 8:29 AM said...

You're back! Yay!

I have an upright carpet cleaner AND a spotbot. I love the upright and shampoo the whole house at least once a year. A wonderful investment and really not expensive, considering the wonderful results. The spotbot is a real disappointment. It's nice to have something small and that you can flip on and walk away from while it cleans, but it does a shit job of sucking up all the water it puts down, so that I have to sit there with hose attachment for 5-10 minutes after it runs to get the carpet dry.

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez