Guess my number, win a prize


Did you guess yet?  Have you figured it out?  No cheating.  Give up?

.

.

.

.

♥♥♥♥ 4 ♥♥♥♥

Yes!  We had a successful transfer of four embryos yesterday at the RE’s office.  Just as a reminder, after my LH surge problem, I had to take my HCG shot early.  Out of 18 follies, we got 10 eggs (I was bummed).  The good news on Day 1 was 6 were mature and all 6 fertilized using ICSI (Yay!).  On Day 3 we discussed with DrL whether to transfer 3 or 4.  Due to my age (40), our MF and the quality of the embryos, we decided to transfer all 4.  All were at least 8 cells.  One looked great, two and three looked good and 4 was looking a tad fragmented, but not out of the running.  We decided to give the li’l guy a chance and included him too.  The transfer went off without a hitch.  I will write in a future entry of the whole day to document the process and my perspective.

So what prize did you win?  First of all, my gratitude for stopping by.  It means so much to me.  Not enough? If you email me “ifoptimist-at-gmail-dot-com” I will grab my Nikon and take a photo from somewhere beautiful or something special.  Then I’ll email it to you for a desktop or screensaver picture (if you know the dimensions of your computer desktop I can customize it to fit perfectly).  I’ll include the GPS coordinates and a little information about the photo.  I thought this would be a good way to pass some of my time during the dreaded two week wait.  I love photography.

I’m so excited.  I know that I’m not out of the woods and the odds are still a bit against us but this is just another step in our journey to having a family.  I’m not Pollyanna.  I know the possible let downs, but I have decided to be upbeat and stay optimistic.  If things don’t work, there will be plenty of time and tears to spend on the necessary sorrow and grief. 

Today, I choose to celebrate.  The potential is there.  It’s ginormous.  I feel lucky to have gotten this far.  I see this whole thing as walking a path.  I take one step after another.  Sometimes I traverse a great distance in a day’s journey and other times I can only seem to walk a few feet.  Yesterday, I feel I walked 40 miles.

10 comments on "Guess my number, win a prize"

Sprogblogger on June 4, 2009 at 1:43 PM said...

Oh congratulations - it sounds like you have good reason for optimism! Shall be keeping my fingers crossed these next couple of weeks for you!

Phoebe on June 4, 2009 at 4:31 PM said...

Wow, congratulations on a successful transfer! My RE recommended a transfer of 4-6 embryos on day 3 for my age 42/43, and I nearly had a heart attack. I hope this is the ticket for you!

jill on June 4, 2009 at 7:19 PM said...

Hooray!! I absolutely love your attitude :) I'm sooo very hopeful for you! C'mon little ones!

Liv on June 4, 2009 at 8:29 PM said...

I won I won I won! Okay well, maybe not completely out of the blue...I guessed 4 after seeing you posted the Feist video!

I'll take a photo as a prize. Actually, I think that's a really good idea. In fact let's do a swap...you decorate my desktop with something new...and I'll send you mine. :o)

Congrats my dear with the FAB FOUR! That's awesome. Crossing my fingers for the perfect beta numbers for you comming soon!

JJ on June 5, 2009 at 5:10 AM said...

Congrats on the great transfer!! Been sending you good thoughts all the way from NYC the past few days--just now getting a chance to get online--I was so anxious to read your update! Will be sending you peaceful thoughts during the wait! xoxo

Kate on June 5, 2009 at 5:40 AM said...

YAY 4! That is just grand-- good for you and enjoy these next two weeks-- the pregnant until proven otherwise reframing makes it a little sweeter-- right now, you are hosting wonder. Thank you for your kind and generous support of me.

Your donkey kong comments? nearly did me in. I am totally stealing that should I be so lucky as to get so far.
I am absolutely pulling for you! Keeping my fingers crossed,
warmly, Kate

Clare on June 5, 2009 at 9:52 AM said...

Congratulations! I hope you get the best news soon - good luck with the TWW! Keep up the celebratory and optimistic spirit, it will carry you far down this road.

bunny on June 7, 2009 at 7:51 AM said...

I'm glad to hear the transfer went so well. Hopefully the tww will bring another round of good news! thinking of you.

Clare on June 7, 2009 at 3:20 PM said...

Thanks for the super lovely comment you left today. Very very much appreciated. I hope you enjoyed the olives and wanted to let you know I received your thoughts loud and clear albeit from 9000 miles away!

FET Accompli on June 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM said...

What a fantastic post - I loved the detail and the whole description. Your doctor sounds so cool - that teen fiction he's writing sounds so interesting!
And most of all, congrats on the transfer - sending sticky vibes your way.

 

IF Optimist, then... Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved - Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez